• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Also, the Walk (high wire world trade center movie) is so effing terrible. Only caught the last 45mins. Someone needs to deport Joseph Gordon Levitt. That guy is literally the perfect millennial beta male president of the 99lb weakling club. Between the Walk, 500 Days of Summer and a dozen other awful characters he has collects checks on, this guy has put white males back 1000 years. F--

I thought he was good in Looper, Lincoln, and Hesher. I could take or leave the rest.

Saw most of Money Monster last night. Better than expected (with Clooney, Roberts and McNulty the floor can't be too low), but not great. C-

Also, the Walk (high wire world trade center movie) is so effing terrible. Only caught the last 45mins. Someone needs to deport Joseph Gordon Levitt. That guy is literally the perfect millennial beta male president of the 99lb weakling club. Between the Walk, 500 Days of Summer and a dozen other awful characters he has collects checks on, this guy has put white males back 1000 years. F--

Did you watch the real documentary of that Man On Wire? That thing is great. I refused to watch the Levitt thing because of it even though I don't know if Philippe Petit had anything to do with it (headed to the Google now). I did like 500 Days of Summer, though, except the ending.

Anyway, I was too gassed to go to Durham on Friday so I'm checking out Blow Out and The Conversation for my own double feature.

ETA - it does look like Petit helped Levitt some. Oh well. I still probably won't check it out, though Philippe Petit is a boss.

Last edited:
Did you watch the real documentary of that Man On Wire? That thing is great. I refused to watch the Levitt thing because of it even though I don't know if Philippe Petit had anything to do with it (headed to the Google now). I did like 500 Days of Summer, though, except the ending.

Anyway, I was too gassed to go to Durham on Friday so I'm checking out Blow Out and The Conversation for my own double feature.

ETA - it does look like Petit helped Levitt some. Oh well. I still probably won't check it out, though Philippe Petit is a boss.

My friend went to that double feature. He said both are good individually but back to back the second film (The Conversation) was kind of a slog since the source material is the same.

Jesus, if you guys are not doing as well as you'd like with the ladies, start here. This movie should be called, A 2 Hour Guide on How to Be a Giant Pussy.

True this. Plus 500 Days is awful for the simple fact that Zoeey Deschanel is in it. Blech. I loathe that chick.

50/50 with him and Seth Rogan was light years better than 500 Days.

Saw Machete last night and while it is not a cinematic masterpiece, I was thoroughly entertained for ~2 hours. It's ridiculous and stupid and unbelievable, but it's supposed to be. Defs will watch Machete Kills.

I, personally, am under no illusion as to why I have problems with the ladies, and a large part of it has to do with a pussy-ness of which I am painfully self-aware. But ladies seem to like that movie? I dunno, I thought it was fun and charming at times, but the ending was lame. It also had a good Smiths song in it. (I'm probably just digging myself a deeper hole here).

That split-screen alternate universe party scene hit way too close to home. Ah well.

correct me if i'm wrong but 500 Days is a movie and not an instructional video, right?

Yes, but apparently by watching it you learn how to be what you already are, or something to do with ladies and relationships. I'm just going to go ahead and admit I also liked Amelie which might fall under the same umbrella of being either too pussy or propaganda/subliminal messaging teaching me how to be pussy. I don't quite get the causation/correlation thing here, but I'm open to it.

I really liked The Accountant

Fell asleep halfway through Snowden. Need to watch the rest tonight.

My friend went to that double feature. He said both are good individually but back to back the second film (The Conversation) was kind of a slog since the source material is the same.

Word. I may split them up over two days depending on my attention span. I've also already seen (and loved) Blow Out, so maybe I'll switch up the order. Good article/interview with De Palma and Coppola here:

https://cinephiliabeyond.org/francis-ford-coppola-brian-de-palma-conversation-two-great-filmmakers/

Yes, but apparently by watching it you learn how to be what you already are, or something to do with ladies and relationships. I'm just going to go ahead and admit I also liked Amelie which might fall under the same umbrella of being either too pussy or propaganda/subliminal messaging teaching me how to be pussy. I don't quite get the causation/correlation thing here, but I'm open to it.

Amelie is great. A corny french movie with 6 times the spine of 500.

I'm just trying to be sensitive to the needs and desires and fantasies of the fairer sex.

Back