• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

A friend convinced me to go to see Snatched. She used the fact that it was at one of the last truly great movie theaters as a factor. Then apologized about ten minutes into it. This was one of the ten worst movies I've seen in the past quarter of a century or more. There are more holes in it than in a Mike Antoni defensive scheme.

This movie should not be watched even on free TV if you are too drunk to pick up the remote.

Scorching hot take

Why you gotta drag DAntoni into this?

A friend convinced me to go to see Snatched. She used the fact that it was at one of the last truly great movie theaters as a factor. Then apologized about ten minutes into it. This was one of the ten worst movies I've seen in the past quarter of a century or more. There are more holes in it than in a Mike Antoni defensive scheme.

This movie should not be watched even on free TV if you are too drunk to pick up the remote.
I have no words to express my reaction to this post. How did you ever consider going to this guaranteed train wreck of a movie (not to be convinced with her other movie, Train Wreck)? I think you might need to find a new friend as that one obviously just likes to do mean shit to you.

I could have sworn someone said "Why Him?" (With James Franco and Bryan Cranston) wasn't that bad, so I watched it on a flight over the weekend. That movie is straight trash with insanely predictable punchlines.

I could have sworn someone said "Why Him?" (With James Franco and Bryan Cranston) wasn't that bad, so I watched it on a flight over the weekend. That movie is straight trash with insanely predictable punchlines.
duckandcover_bert_the_turtle_0.jpg

I think I might have said it wasn't awful among other people but I also like ridiculously stupid movies with awful plots (Hot Tub Time Machine).

the reason you disliked Snatch was plotholes?

That's part of it. The writing sucked. The directing sucked. Because of the writing and directing even Goldie Hawn couldn't help it. The writing was so bad that Wanda Sykes and Al Madrigal weren't funny.

Alien: Covenant was meh. Predictable, weird pacing, didn't feel anything for any of the characters, and it wasn't even visually impressive

That's part of it. The writing sucked. The directing sucked. Because of the writing and directing even Goldie Hawn couldn't help it. The writing was so bad that Wanda Sykes and Al Madrigal weren't funny.

Is Wanda Sykes ever funny?

La La Land was much better than expected. I think I have pinpointed what I hate about musicals: Sung Dialogue. LLL cuts this out and it makes for a much more bearable experience. B+

Logan is awesome. Probably in the 1st tier of CBM along with GoG. A

The annoying part of musicals - in addition to sung dialogue - is that the plot stalls during a song. So the movie is often really long or thin on substance.

Alien Covenant was excellent. The spaceship sets were visionary.

If you never saw Prometheus you'd be a tad lost.

Back