• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Wonder Woman was alright.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

it's doe, moonz. which is double awesome slang because it's also the word for female deer

Just rewatched The Martian for the first time since theaters, and one part really bugs me. The part where Donald Glover is explaining his plan to the NASA chief and other brilliant scientists. He makes them stand at various points in the room, and uses a stapler and pen to explain his highly complex plan of....the shuttle slingshotting around Earth and heading back to Mars...not only something that they were surely familiar with based on Moon missions, but it's also been in every science fiction or space movie/story ever made.

WTF, so dumb.

Just rewatched The Martian for the first time since theaters, and one part really bugs me. The part where Donald Glover is explaining his plan to the NASA chief and other brilliant scientists. He makes them stand at various points in the room, and uses a stapler and pen to explain his highly complex plan of....the shuttle slingshotting around Earth and heading back to Mars...not only something that they were surely familiar with based on Moon missions, but it's also been in every science fiction or space movie/story ever made.

WTF, so dumb.

Reminds me of the scene in 21 where all the super genius whizkids are having a tough time memorizing the words that are associated with each playing card. So stupid.

Finally saw La La Land. I kinda liked it.

Increasingly evident that Ryan Gosling only has one character to play, though.

Took 2 international flights recently and here's what I watched:

The Founder: didn't know how much Ray Kroc dicked over the McD's bros. Thought Keaton was good in this role and it kept me entertained. It started out seeming like a PR piece for McD's with all the gee-golly they make great food fast for an honest price, let's give that to all of America. Then the 2nd half was about how the bros were shut out from everything and got nothing.

Silence: Beautifully shot, well-acted, but between this and Hacksaw Ridge not fully buying Garfield as a lead. Overly long in some parts with a dece amount of repetition. No where in the neighborhood of pantheon Scorsese.

Keeping up with the Jones: Hamm and Gadot make quite the couple. Great chemistry between Galifinakis and Hamm and a funny enough movie.

Batman: The Killing Joke: Terrible. Awful, stilted animation. Corny song by the Joker. I know they're following the source material, but hated the ending, the quick paralysis of Barbara Gordon and the Joker's origin story.

Rogue One: Good to watch it again.

Latest Neil Blomkamp (District 9) short film. Released straight to youtube.

Wonder Woman -- easily the best DC movie. Gal Gadot was perfect. Chris Pine was also excellent. Dragged a little -- probably could have shaved 20 minutes off, but otherwise really well done.

The Redbox has been getting my business lately.

Beauty and the Beast: very true to the original animated story. Emma Watson is a strong, independent Belle. The CGI for the castle's servants is very good. I never caught the controversial scene(s?) with LeFou...he was flamboyant throughout.

Get Out: absolute mindfuck. If you like The Twilight Zone or Black Mirror (and it features the guy from Fifteen Million Merits), you'll enjoy this one. A+ from me.

Zodiac is good, not worth all the praise though. No one should have greenlit a thriller abt a serial killer that never gets caught. Still a B- or B for solid acting tho.

Cars 3 was solid. Lower tier Pixar. A step down from Cars 1. Much better than Cars 2, which was the only bad Pixar movie in my opinion. Cars 3 could have been much better. It's as if they stopped tightening up the script and said, "Screw it."

The trailers and other info kinda gave a Rocky 3 vibe. There was a rival black car, beach race clip, and one of the other racers was Cal Weathers. It wasn't an unrealistic expectation. I was disappointed they didn't go in a similar direction.

The trailer for Coco, the next Pixar film, looked very good. They've been working on that movie for a long time. It got delayed a few years ago when Book of Life came out because Coco was very similar. Good decision based on the trailer.

Before watching that Blomkamp movie I had to make sure Die Antwoord wasn't in it. They're not, the coast is clear. I can't even fairly judge Chappie because those two schmucks completely ruined every moment of screen time they had. Both of them would be my nomination for worst actor ever in a major movie.

Before watching that Blomkamp movie I had to make sure Die Antwoord wasn't in it. They're not, the coast is clear. I can't even fairly judge Chappie because those two schmucks completely ruined every moment of screen time they had. Both of them would be my nomination for worst actor ever in a major movie.

I never saw Chappie so I will take your word for them being terrible actors but I saw them in concert a few years back at the Orange Peel... it was arguably the most fun show I have ever been to. Terrible actors but great performers.

Back