• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

wife and I watched Gangster Squad the other night. not sure what to make of the movie; it's kind of fun but seems to take itself seriously while wanting to be a campy gangster movie.

Also, ryan gosling uses a weird voice, for some reason

Watched Hyena Road on Netflix. It's about Canadian forces in Afghanistan. Good combat sequences and the overview of the big base in Kandahar was cool. Non combat dialogue acting was meh but enough shooting to keep you in the movie. Also evidently the communications were accurate per a friend of mine in the US army who did the same stuff in a different area of Afghanistan. Anyway worth watching.

Watched American Wrestler this weekend. Great movie but I may be biased.

Looks like Blomkamp is trying to reassert his credibility by taking matters into his own hands. That Rakka short was only the first of 3 that his Oats studio has put out over the past week.

Here's one I just watched that's pretty good for what it is (low budget, exposition heavy, no star power)

Definitely a huge step in the right direction for him, post D9.

He's trying to fund these projects from direct donations and Steam

A Few Good Men

surely this is considered top 25 all time screen plays

It's absolutely beautifully scripted

because you're American?

Because it's about high school wrestling.

Based on the true story of an Iranian immigrant that fled Iran after the deposition of the Shah. He joins a losing wrestling team to fit in.

Jon Voight is the principal.

A Few Good Men

surely this is considered top 25 all time screen plays

It's absolutely beautifully scripted

One of my favorites. Very rewatchable.

Does it bother anyone, in Jessup's rant/speech on the stand at the end, that he calls out Lt. Weinberg? I always found it odd, like damn Jessup, Kaffee is the one questioning you, Weinberg is just sitting there taking notes and observing.

Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

One more vote for Baby Driver. Best movie I've seen this year. Went from good to really good about half way through. I read a critique that Ansel Elgort (Baby) was out of place among the likes of Foxx, Hamm, and Spacey, but I disagree. I thought he was exactly what they were going for. Really really good movie. I'll say more once spoilers are allowed, but keeping the tapatalk people in mind for now.

Last edited:
I'll usually send out an all office parody of the few good men rant at most of my stops once someone asks for some really stupid report. We use words like debit, credit, cash flow.

I would rather you just say thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I'd suggest you pick up a T-square, and stand post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to.

Just saw Star Wars rogue one. V good. Had to ask my nephews a lot of questions throughout tho.

Then watched The first Star Wars which (spoiler) basically takes place right after rogue one ends. It was p good but not as good as rogue one. May watch the second one tonight and keep this train rolling.

Back