• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

The Lego Ninjago Movie is tolerable. My kids like Ninjago and they liked this. The TV series is actually good storytelling. The movie is a goofy version with the same characters. But parents can sit through it just fine. It's what the trailers suggest it is. At least the writers got to work through some daddy issues.

Wind River was good. formulaic storytelling with a white savior main character, but still good.

Saw the big sick last night with the wife and both of us loved it.

Hah, a troll accusing someone else of arrested development.

Wind River was good. formulaic storytelling with a white savior main character, but still good.

It worked harder than those types of movies typically do to subvert that trope. That rape scene was really horrible, though, and completely unnecessary to show, IMO.

ETA: I forgot who rec'd it on here, but Annabelle: Creation was really fun. The Conjuring series is so good.

Watching citizen x in stages. On the verge of so boring that I quit but then something happens so I'm still there. It's a 70s or 80s flick about a true-ish story of Russia and murders. Long before the dwarfs were born. Really missed potential for a great flick

Just got out of Mother! and holy shit Aronofsky. I fucking love that dude. How the hell did that movie get financing, much less a wide release? If you have any type of normal genre expectations going into that film you will hate it but if you just want to ride the Aronofsky roller coaster you will enjoy it. There's no non-douchey way to say it, - it's surrealistic, existential, avant garde filmmaking.

It worked harder than those types of movies typically do to subvert that trope. That rape scene was really horrible, though, and completely unnecessary to show, IMO.

ETA: I forgot who rec'd it on here, but Annabelle: Creation was really fun. The Conjuring series is so good.

I think it was me. The James Wan Conjurverse (?) is fantastic outside of the first Annabelle.

I finally saw Blade Runner for the first time last night. I'm glad I waited as long as I did to see it because it allowed me to appreciate every aspect of the film. The color palette, score, cinematography are awesome and, from what I gather, were way ahead of their time. 2049 is apparently fantastic according to early reviews.

Man, passengers sucked. For all of the reasons. But at least have some ancestors of J Law and C Pratt be there when the other passengers wake up? Would have been such a better ending. Did they not think of that? Fuck that movie.

I finally saw Blade Runner for the first time last night. I'm glad I waited as long as I did to see it because it allowed me to appreciate every aspect of the film. The color palette, score, cinematography are awesome and, from what I gather, were way ahead of their time. 2049 is apparently fantastic according to early reviews.

I saw the OG Bladerunner for the first time yesterday. I'm not sure how I feel about it. While it may have been ahead of it's time in 1982, I thought it was really dated. I also found it to be pretty boring at times and a little disjointed. And the scene where Ford got a little rapey was pretty bizarre. Still looking forward to 2049.

2049 is the prettiest four-hour train ride you'll ever take

Back