• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

How in the fuck did 2049 score so high on Rotten Tomatoes?

IT is great for those still holding out. OK for middle school and older kids too (although some gore and lots of boogieman stuff).

La La Land was not that good. Can't believe people thought it was better than Moonlight.

How in the fuck did 2049 score so high on Rotten Tomatoes?

I saw it last night and was not impressed. I guess I liked it as a whole, but there is just no excuse for it being 2 hours and 45 minutes. Maybe fanboys enjoy a movie that long, but I read the first book, watched the original, and still thought there was A LOT that could have been left in the editing room. Mainly the excruciatingly long, silent shots of Gosling just standing there.

And then to really have no resolution to the entire Jared Leto storyline? GTFO of here with that run time. If you're going to go that long, at least wrap everything up, not leaving me feeling like I just watched 2/3 of a movie.

Last edited:
Watched some p ok movie with Goldie hawn. What's her deal she's not that hot. It was from the 80s NYC called deceived or something like that. Kept my attention

Another upvote for The Big Sick. Content was heavier than expected at times. Ray Romano is still great.

I'll agree. Caught the big sick This weekend and really enjoyed it.

2049 was visually stunning but felt like a museum tour of Blade Runner to me not a Blade Runner sequel

Finally saw "Get Out"

It was entertaining and didn't have any parts that dragged... Fun and worth watching, but not sure it lived up to the hype. Also thought the casting was pretty great.

Watched Colossal with Anne Hathaway. It was interesting, but definitely not the movie it's advertised as

Watched War For The Planet of the Apes. I really hope none of that happens.

Finally saw Baby Driver. That was a whole lot of fun and really well done.

Rewatched Baby Driver - still awesome, and picked up some small stuff I didn't catch the first time around.

The Foreigner was pretty good, definitely not what I expected going in. Chan & Brosnan surprisingly played well off each other.

Back