• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Don’t be nervous. It’s not sappy sentementality or anything, if that’s what you’re worried about, but definitely not for everyone. It’s a pretty weird, quirky take on inspiration, the muse/artist dynamic, and control/power in a relationship. I thought it was pretty funny too.

yes, enough about 50 Shades, what about Phantom Thread?

Shit, that does sound like it could be a synopsis for that. No boobies in Phantom Thread, but a great score!

wife and i saw shape of water last weekend. it was fine. i can't fathom why it's considered Best Picture or Best Director. I do enjoy a good Michael Shannon being Michael Shannon, though

This dude I know and used to play viols with was in town for a big Czech bluegrass thing (because that's his thing) and screened his doc yesterday afternoon. It was very cool! Try to find it if you can. Only an hour-ish long, some good tunes, insightful, and charming.

http://www.banjoromantika.com/

[video]vimeo.com/118849563[/video]

Last edited:
Thought the Cloverfield paradox was ok. A less scary Event Horizon. Well acted. Good effects. Does not deserve its RT score.

This dude I know and used to play viols with was in town for a big Czech bluegrass thing (because that's his thing) and screened his doc yesterday afternoon. It was very cool! Try to find it if you can. Only an hour-ish long, some good tunes, insightful, and charming.

http://www.banjoromantika.com/

[video]vimeo.com/118849563[/video]
I can recommend an absolutely steller movie about belgian bluegrass musicians

https://youtu.be/3a50DJkCxqw

I saw IQ for the nth time last night. It's still fun. It has a silly story of the young mechanic (Tim Robbins) falling in love with the pretty, mathematician (Melanie Griffith) who happens to be Albert Einstein's (Walter Matthau). niece.

Definitely a fun, date night at home night flick..get you some points.

iStock_000002723742Large1.jpg

Watching Eastwood on the golf coverage today makes me wonder how he can still direct movies. He can barely talk/move. He has always played it pretty close to the vest at that event but man.

Manchester by the Sea is such a goddamn gut punch

Watching Eastwood on the golf coverage today makes me wonder how he can still direct movies. He can barely talk/move. He has always played it pretty close to the vest at that event but man.

I mean, his movies feel like they’re directed by this type of person.

I mean, his movies feel like they’re directed by this type of person.
The trailer for 15:17 to Paris looks like a shitty Army recruiting video. Clint Eastwood took a compelling story about actual heroes and ruined with his Fox News brain disease.

wife and i saw shape of water last weekend. it was fine. i can't fathom why it's considered Best Picture or Best Director. I do enjoy a good Michael Shannon being Michael Shannon, though

Hope you're watching Waco.

Shape of Water was fucking meaningless useless crap. Do not watch.

And it's boring too.

So you saw the movie?

Why would anyone think that movie would be good? It has shit reviews, it’s an entire movie about an event that last minutes, hell the whole movie could almost be shot real time with the travel time between Amsterdam and Paris.

Back