• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Sandler was good, the movie wasn't great, it was enjoyable, though. I would suggest waiting to rent it. They had a pop up in NYC where you could try on all the silly jewelry from his store in the movie.

Sandler was good, the movie wasn't great, it was enjoyable, though. I would suggest waiting to rent it. They had a pop up in NYC where you could try on all the silly jewelry from his store in the movie.

It will lose a lot on the small screen. The last two Safdi movies have been so claustrophobic in a theater setting. Really crazy thing to witness live, imo.

1917 was excellent. The story was fine, high stakes and well told and acted but the filmmaking was incredible. So insanely immersive feeling to have the handheld camera and super long takes. A few scenes were so gripping in particular from the camera work I was barely breathing. Good stuff.

1917 was excellent. The story was fine, high stakes and well told and acted but the filmmaking was incredible. So insanely immersive feeling to have the handheld camera and super long takes. A few scenes were so gripping in particular from the camera work I was barely breathing. Good stuff.

I think the movie making here took a good story and made it great. Halfway through the movie I sorta realized it felt like one big continuous scene. Surreal.

No, and I liked it. Philips' director nomination is a joke (pun not intended but I'm not going to fix it).

I liked Uncut Gems. Sandler was definitely great. Story unravled a bit at the end. Girlfriend was smoking hot.

I think the movie making here took a good story and made it great. Halfway through the movie I sorta realized it felt like one big continuous scene. Surreal.

I think more hyperreal than surreal. The POV just made it so intensely real.

Finally saw Once Upon a Time last night. I enjoyed it, though it was a bit slow at times (too slow for my wife who was bored out of her mind). Felt very different to me than QT's other movies.

1917 was great. Best Director should be in the bag for Mendes. Best movie for me is still One Upon A time.

Joker was good, not great. I don’t have any desire to watch it again.

I thought Good Boys was hilarious. Really enjoyed it. Also saw Booksmart, which is kind of a Superbad with girls, and also thought it was really fun.

Good Boys is on my list, but may just wait for it to stream for free somewhere. Is it worth a rental, wfudkn?

Two takes: Booksmart is a lot better than Superbad. So is/was Blockers. Cena is a comedy saint.

Good Boys is on my list, but may just wait for it to stream for free somewhere. Is it worth a rental, wfudkn?

Two takes: Booksmart is a lot better than Superbad. So is/was Blockers. Cena is a comedy saint.

Oooff. I liked both movies, Booksmart more, but c'mon man.

Blockers

Booksmart

Good Boys

The “there is a lot of game left...” scene in Blockers is one of the funniest things I’ve seen in years.

Does 1917 need the theater experience? I'm definitely watching it - I just want to know if I should shell out $15 to do so.

Watched Godzilla 2 on an airplane. Holy hell what a claptrap of absolute visual gibberish. What a shame. The first one was badass.

Yes to 1917 in a theater. I haven't even seen it yet but that's common assessment I've heard, it's one for the best screen you can watch it on.

Back