• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

i saw the Lost City and it was funny and an entertaining use of 2 hours. nothing redeeming about it other than it was fun and those actors are amusing

My buddy saw Northman and said it's the second worst movie he's seen in the theater (only beat out by Howard the Duck). He and I rarely agree on movies, so I'm sure I'll check it out and enjoy it.

The Northman has a pretty big discrepancy on RT between critics (89%) and audience (64%) score. Marketing made it look like something like Gladiator. It ain't. It's not devoid of action so I don't get some of the more extreme reactions. A comparison to Howard the Duck gets a Jlaw-ok.gif from me.

I'll reiterate I think it's fantastic and lived up to the very high standards I had for the next step in Eggers' career.

Well I finally saw licorice pizza, and it was meh.

I see so many people praising the new Top Gun, and I have to wonder how many were fans of the original because I never cared for the original much, and I was 14 when that movie hit the big screen so I am in the Top Gun demographic. I really have zero desire to see a new Top Gun flick, other than when it hits the rental arena.

Watched the last 3/4 of Joker on some TV channel in the last few days.

That shit is disturbing.

Top Gun was awesome. Tons of (appropriate, in-context) nods to the original, non-stop action, sentimental nostalgia, and only one really cheesy, James Bond-kind of moment. Sound was great, filming was great, dialogue was pretty good. Contrived plot, of course, that owed as much to star wars as it did to the original, but exactly what America wants from a summer action flick. And probably the best sequel of a 35-year old movie in recent memory

For anyone interested, Applebees currently has a special running where you get 1 free movie ticket ($15 fandango value) to Top Gun for every $25 you spend. I just got two IMAX tickets for Saturday from the deal.

I agree with Phan. I thought it was perfect mixture of fun, throw backs, sentiment, action, and summer flick. I generally dislike sequels but this was fun

Finally saw Dune yesterday. I can understand why people like it but I thought it was quite boring. Not sure why they saw fit to give us an incomplete story without committing to more films. That was annoying. It was a weird middle ground between stretching it out to a TV series length vs. telling it all in one film. All of Dune was basically the first third of so of Avatar.

Finally saw Dune yesterday. I can understand why people like it but I thought it was quite boring. Not sure why they saw fit to give us an incomplete story without committing to more films. That was annoying. It was a weird middle ground between stretching it out to a TV series length vs. telling it all in one film. All of Dune was basically the first third of so of Avatar.

Not sure I follow. It was always the plan to split the story between two movies. Given the pandemic, if the movie flopped, the 2d may not have been greenlit, but there will be a second movie. I would compare it to Deathly Hallows or the Hobbit movies.

I’m saying they should have promoted the film as the first of two or given it a more complete ending.

plus nobody looked directly into the camera and said "well that just happened"

I remember it being what Shoo said. No sequel unless it does well. It’s not Dune Part 1.

Back