• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Watched Death Wish last night. Groovy soundtrack from Hancock. Enjoyed it.

Dune fucking slapped. That is all.

It was decent, but I'm struggling to understand how on Earth it has 95% on RT. So much disjointed jumping around in the storyline.

I suspect the high ratings are mostly people who've read the book. My fiance hasn't, and she had a hard time understanding the why behind a lot of it.

Austin Butler was menacing.

It was decent, but I'm struggling to understand how on Earth it has 95% on RT. So much disjointed jumping around in the storyline.

I suspect the high ratings are mostly people who've read the book. My fiance hasn't, and she had a hard time understanding the why behind a lot of it.

I don't think it was disjointed, they just didn't do the 2 year time jump from the book. Otherwise it seemed pretty straightforward. Left out a few plot points for time, and changed a few to make the time work but I really really loved it.

Probably wouldn't beleive in Muadib unless he made the NCAAT. But then would need a good seed!

I like how you've casually dropped this into conversation a couple of times.

A very young and goofy Jeff Goldblum is in that.
Yep, an odd role for sure. Also, William Redfield, who plays Dale in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, is in it. I didn’t know this, but he was diagnosed with Leukemia on the set of Cuckoo’s and died shortly after.

Saw All of us Strangers tonight and thought it was fantastic. Great performances across the board but Andrew Scott should win awards for his role.

If you liked Dune 1, you’ll like Dune 2. It was a very similar vibe, and slightly better I thought. It does a fantastic job of relaying the story and the scale is as large as ever.

I would have enjoyed it more if I knew what was going on, just picked right up, apparently there was a Dune 1. Basically im saying they should have promoted the film as the second of two.

Back