• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Disappointed in LK though, he should know better.

Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? For busting your balls about the Part 2 thing? Because that was some 2&2 level shit.

Otherwise, I agree with you about the movie itself.

Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? For busting your balls about the Part 2 thing? Because that was some 2&2 level shit.

Otherwise, I agree with you about the movie itself.
It's because he made the interesting choice to post PH's old comments about Part 1 as if they were his own comments re Part 2.

American Movie is a great little documentary

some real Gates of Heaven meets Blair Witch Project behind-the-scenes vibes

I finished The Conversation the other night and really enjoyed it. Started The Gambler this am, but only watched opening scene or 2.

I really liked Dune 1. I thought it was visually stunnning with some cool world building going on. Never read the book but really enjoyed the intrigue and the battle scenes. I wish I had seen it in theaters.

So I was super stoked to see Dune 2 tonight and well, I feel like it fell flat. Some really interesting people got almost no screen time, the battle seemed rushed through and it was a lot of Timmy (the other one) and Zendaya breathing heavily staring at each other. Zendaya does do a good job showing emotion without speaking through a lot of the movie, can’t say I have ever seen her really let loose her acting chops before. It was fine overall. I probably won’t go and see another movie for a while, the $18 ticket and $19 bourbon made sure of that.

BLM is incredible. Not sure why he isn’t bigger.

The answer is that he’s also pretty damned annoying a lot of the time

Who is BLM? That clip just showed up in my feed probably because I watched the ABC scene after MHB mentioned the film.

Brendan Lee Mulligan, the dude in that clip

But like who is he? He’s famous enough to be known as “BLM” but I’ve never heard of him but you think he should be bigger.

But like who is he? He’s famous enough to be known as “BLM” but I’ve never heard of him but you think he should be bigger.
Oh I just think he’s talented, not that he is super underrated or whatever

He’s a comic/UCB GUY; wrote for CollegeHumor for a while. He runs the 2nd biggest dnd podcast and does other improve stuff like the sketch show that clip is from.

Are we pasted the point of semi-spoilers for Dune 2? The book has been out for 50 years, so there really isn't much left to spoil, but there are two issues I had with the movie that I wanted to discuss.

Let me hear them! Some random thoughts I've had... I liked that Leto wasn't introduced (movie already was already long and dense enough) and I think I like the portrayal of Chani. I haven't read the book in a year or two, but from my recollection, she wasn't as staunchly against what was happening. She also didn't march out in the final scene with Paul and Irulan. I feel like it's a different character arc, but I think it fits for a movie. That final fight scene was on point. No music, straight fight to the death.

I'm interested in Dune Messiah because I have no idea how that can be a compelling movie. That's the reason why I think they changed Chani up some.

I mean, yes, the movies are fucking amazing, but I also enjoy correcting people who are wrong.
Arbiter of who is right or wrong on a movie take.

I refer you to the “tell me you are looking down on people” comment above.

Also…they were vague on a lot of stuff about calling it part 2. Many of the trailers just called it DUNE. If I hadn’t seen part 1 I could easily see not realizing this was a part 2

Arbiter of who is right or wrong on a movie take.

I refer you to the “tell me you are looking down on people” comment above.

Also…they were vague on a lot of stuff about calling it part 2. Many of the trailers just called it DUNE. If I hadn’t seen part 1 I could easily see not realizing this was a part 2
Ok.

How do you even manage to get tickets to this movie without realizing it's Dune: Part 2? Such ambiguous labeling on the AMC website.

Capture.PNG

Also, I echo everyone else saying it was incredible. Best movie I've seen in a theater in I have no idea how long (can't discount the fact that this movie begs to be seen in the biggest theater possible). I would've watched another hour. And for the record I've never read any of the books but I did watch the first movie and liked it.

Back