• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Finally got around the watching When Evil Lurks last night. I liked it, but didn't love it. Really cool take on possession, but the awful subtitles really detracted from it imo.

Last edited:
Not much new stuff. Rewatched some classics - Alien, Aliens, and The Sting. Been doing more reading than watching the last couple weeks.

With it being Halloween in a few days, I think I'm gonna do a couple horror movies this weekend. At least one Cronenberg. Maybe Videodrome and Don't Look Now? Both of which I've seen, but it's been a minute.
I don’t really go for scary/horror -y things usually, but Don’t Look Now is one of my all time favorites and I love how they use Venice.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned in this thread before, but just watched The Parallax View (1974). Killer score and some of the shots were just amazing. Would happily take recs for anything similar

in the mouth of madness was trippy as hell, but just decent

nightmare on elm street 3: dream warriors, on the other hand, was trippy as hell and great

I’m sure it’s been mentioned in this thread before, but just watched The Parallax View (1974). Killer score and some of the shots were just amazing. Would happily take recs for anything similar

The other two Pakula “paranoia trilogy” movies — All The President’s Men and Klute are great. Three Days of the Condor, Day of the Jackal, Executive Action, Blow Out, Z, the Conversation, Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion, Manchurian Candidate.

Those come to mind kinda off the top of my head, but I bet looking around at those leads to others along the same lines.

I don’t really go for scary/horror -y things usually, but Don’t Look Now is one of my all time favorites and I love how they use Venice.
Yes! Watched it yesterday. Hard agree. I love how the water and the narrow, dizzying corridors of the city are used. Some beautiful editing.

Reminds me a lot of how Vienna was used in The Third Man.

Dat montage sequence. <3

Gould listed a lot of good ones. A couple more I'd add:

Night Moves
Marathon Man

Last edited:
Saw Killers of the Flower Moon last week. Been working remote so decided just to hit the 11:45am showing, crush 4 cold coors light tallboys and take this flick in.

It was damn good. I couldve lived without the last 30 minutes but prior to that, it moved and paced well. Lily Gladstone is incredible and sexy in the strangest way.

Watched Brightburn on Halloween night....very cool horror movie best described as superman origin story meets The Omen.

I liked Killers of the Flower Moon. I loved parts of it. I had no issue with its length. A couple scenes went on a minute or two longer than I liked, but overall it was well paced. Why did I not love it? Probably because I loved the book and I was thrown by Ernest being the main character when I did not find him to be the most compelling character in the book.

My wife and children are members of an Oklahoma based Native American Tribe so we all appreciated the effort and execution of the portrayal of the Osage Nation.

Saw two over the weekend. Quiz Lady with Awkwafina and Sandra Oh. Not bad but also not nearly as fun or funny as I had hoped. Just kind of meh. Also say A Haunting in Venice. Again, not bad, just totally fine. Definitely my least favorite of Branagh's three Poirot movies.

So I was looking for something new so fired it up. Scantily clad women having a party. <knock knock> PIZZA MAN's here wrong address. They didn't order pizza but they are interested in his hot dog...

Crap wrong forum

Saw a new moving on Apple+ last night called Fingernails that on its face looked like it could be fun, but we did not like it at all. Just a weird plot and vibe and definitely not fun. Maybe some of y'all would like it, but I won't be recommending it.

Saw a new moving on Apple+ last night called Fingernails that on its face looked like it could be fun, but we did not like it at all. Just a weird plot and vibe and definitely not fun. Maybe some of y'all would like it, but I won't be recommending it.

"Watched a movie that sucked. Maybe some of you morons would like it, though."

Back