• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Man, how had I never seen One False Move? What a great script by Billy Bob and Tom Epperson. It keeps the story lean and on a straight track, but there's some beautiful depth and tragedy drawn out in its characters. Fantastic performances too, especially by Cynda Williams and Bill Paxton. Great example of early 90s indie film-making.

(The first 10 minutes are brutal. I don't think you could make that today.)

Saw The Holdovers yesterday and really enjoyed it. Not sure how accurate a portrayal it is of boys' prep schools from the 70's; even though it's a Hole enclave, I'm sure we've got some Woodberry Forest "men" from that era who could comment. The repeat references to getting kicked out of the prep school and ending up at Fork Union Military Academy in particular seemed spot-on.

Saw The Holdovers yesterday and really enjoyed it. Not sure how accurate a portrayal it is of boys' prep schools from the 70's; even though it's a Hole enclave, I'm sure we've got some Woodberry Forest "men" from that era who could comment. The repeat references to getting kicked out of the prep school and ending up at Fork Union Military Academy in particular seemed spot-on.

The cook was a scene stealer!

The Killer is wild. Great flick

I really liked it. The ending was odd to me, but I also get that they were avoiding the formulaic "man on fire" kill em all plot.

I'll watch anything with Fassbender in it.

Also saw Please Don't Destroy: The Treasury of Foggy Mountain this weekend and it was funny as shit. Totally worth the 90 minutes out of your day.

Also saw Please Don't Destroy: The Treasury of Foggy Mountain this weekend and it was funny as shit. Totally worth the 90 minutes out of your day.
Loved this, Conan was especially great.

Finally saw Oppenheimer. Not on the big screen, but on Blu Ray on my big TV and with the subwoofer suitably shaking the house. Thought it was compelling and well-done with a star-studded cast. But I didn't think it was the movie of the century or whatever. It was typical Nolan-- bombastic, etc. For all the buildup to the Trinity test, it somehow kept me engaged and anticipating what I already knew was going to be a successful test. Perhaps that was due to the hype about recreating it for the movie. The Trinity test itself I thought was a bit underwhelming. I thought Downey really stole the show, and in limited time Emily Blunt and Matt Damon. Murphy was excellent, but I didn't feel like there was much to his character other than remaining calmer and smarter than everybody else. Blunt at least had a few opportunities to branch out-- particularly when she was being interrogated. Nolan could've made this PG13 pretty easily by eliminating the sex and a few f-bombs. I'm not sure why he didn't.

Watched The Killer last night. maybe just too tired, but it was one slow ass flick. Acting was great, but took way too long to get going.

we saw Napoleon last week in Boone. the theater sucked but the movie was pretty good. A little long but there was a lot to cover.

Back