• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Saltburn felt like kind of mess. Good performances, some memorable scenes, and strong musical choices... but I can't say that I thought it was very good. All vibe no substance.

I liked Saltburn a hell of a lot more when it was called Talented Mr Ripley and there were no millenneals in it

After the Golden Globes, "The Boy and the Heron" has shot up my list, "The Holdovers" has entered the list, and "Poor Things" stands pat. I thought "Across the Spiderverse" was a shoe-in for best animated film, considering it was one of my favorite movies of all last year, comic book movie or not.

“The Holdovers” was solid. I wish I had known about it before Xmas, but we still really enjoyed it.

Rebel Moon was not in any way original, completely ridiculous and over the top, but an easy way to kill 2 hours.

Snyder's style honestly should've died out at least a decade ago, but he's still at it. Whoever said this was the most Zack Snyder-y of all Zack Snyder movies was right.

Godzilla Minus One was pretty corny story-wise, but the monster stuff was cool

pretty crazy they did it on a $15 million budget

I’m a little annoyed with how quickly movies leave theaters. I guess I’m not entirely sure when they opened but I was trying to go tonight to see one of Ferrari, Iron Claw, or The Holdovers.

Ferrari and Iron Claw have one showing each other nothing for The Holdovers.

Creator - I love Sci-fi and had High hopes. It is stylistically good but no new ground. The characters are flat and one dimensional the heros Performance lacks gravitas. All trying to appeal to a young commercial audienc.

too bad…. It’s like a Disneyfied version of Blade Runner,

Creator - I love Sci-fi and had High hopes. It is stylistically good but no new ground. The characters are flat and one dimensional the heros Performance lacks gravitas. All trying to appeal to a young commercial audienc.

too bad…. It’s like a Disneyfied version of Blade Runner,

Dream Scenario was not what I expected, but it was good. I wasn’t surprised to see that it was produced by Ari Aster.

Kids and i have been watching the Wicks. 1 was dope. 2 was kinda meh. 3 is back to being awesome.

I’m a little annoyed with how quickly movies leave theaters. I guess I’m not entirely sure when they opened but I was trying to go tonight to see one of Ferrari, Iron Claw, or The Holdovers.

Ferrari and Iron Claw have one showing each other nothing for The Holdovers.
Same here; our go-to is to have lunch at at nearby pub and a midday movie on Fridays at a 14-screen complex, but after a few days most movies not of the Barbie or action hero variety get kicked over to one screen and a single evening showing.
BTW, we really enjoyed Ferrari. Not a classic must-see, but very entertaining and I liked learning the history behind the brand.

Kids and i have been watching the Wicks. 1 was dope. 2 was kinda meh. 3 is back to being awesome.
Just watched the third one for the first time. The scene where they are just throwing dozens of knives at each other made me LOL.

My favorite movie of all time is probably Jurassic Park - have watched it dozens of times and it still is great after 30 years.

I saw Jurassic World in the theater when it came out, didn't really care for it much and so never bothered with the two sequels...until this week. Re-watched JW, and enjoyed it a little bit more than I remembered even though there is still a lot about it I don't like. Then watched Fallen Kingdom and Dominion on successive nights. Man, Fallen Kingdom sucks. The volcano scene is about the only moderately fun part of the whole two hours. The two new "hero" characters were so awful I just wanted them to get eaten the whole time. Then Dominion I have to say wasn't horrible and I found myself smiling at the scenes with the original characters even though they seemed shoehorned into the plot. I liked that it leaned into the campiness rather than trying to stay as serious as the other two. Plus thankfully they realized those FK characters were awful and cut them out of the second sequel. Overall all three not great and will probably never bother with them again.

I, too, watched Jurassic World and went "meh". Haven't bothered with the others.

I'm sure I'll watch them all soon with the boy.

A parenting memory I'll never forget is when my wife had my daughter watch Jurassic Park because she remembered loving it as a kid. Well, that daughter is easily scared (even now at 9yo)... She was like 4 or 5 at the time and it was WAY too much for her. Huge mistake on my wife's part that I still bring up all of the time. "I don't remember it being that scary when I was a kid."

Watched The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes last night after finally getting around to watching the original Hunger Games movies last weekend with the family. I enjoyed all of them.

I, too, watched Jurassic World and went "meh". Haven't bothered with the others.

A parenting memory I'll never forget is when my wife had my daughter watch Jurassic Park because she remembered loving it as a kid. Well, that daughter is easily scared (even now at 9yo)... She was like 4 or 5 at the time and it was WAY too much for her. Huge mistake on my wife's part that I still bring up all of the time. "I don't remember it being that scary when I was a kid."
Same thing happened with our youngest when he was 6 or so. He got up and left when the t-Rex ate the lawyer on the can

This happened with us and Return of the Jedi - I saw the thing in the theaters when I was 4 and had memorized Star Wars by kindergarten, but apparently was not the right choice for when our kids were 9, 7, and 5. Youngest had gone to sleep, but the 7 year old was super scared when the emperor force lightnings Luke and he yells out, "Father! Please!"

My wife turned to me and said, "what the hell are you showing our children?" (The Ewok trying to wake up his dead friend my have pushed her past her limit)

No lasting effects though as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Ferrari. Penelope Cruz is just outstanding, as is Adam Driver as Enzo. Chaos in his personal life, his finances in tatters, Ferrari is sustained by his obsession to win at all costs. Very well directed by Michael Mann.

Back