• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump: Dems favorability down to 31%! All time low! Sad!

If you didn't get the joke, the Atlantic printed that line like a month ago.

PayPal founder/early Facebook investor Peter Thiel is the originator of the literally/seriously quote. Thiel's a pariah in Silicon Valley for his early and vocal support of Trump. SV's always been socially libertarian and Trump can gain some support there if he moves in that direction. If he lets Pence dictate/implement conservative social policies, gets even worse (already shitty) for the GOP in SV.

Steve Bannon senior White House advisor, Reince 1st chief of staff

Breitbart will be the most accurate source for the executive branch. L O L.

A guy who wants to tear down the establishment and a guy who is the establishment.

A guy who wants to tear down the establishment and a guy who is the establishment.

Reince and Ryan are Siamese cheese heads. Ryan is Bannon's sworn enemy. Thanks to reconciliation, minimal GOP legislative problems with Obamacare and taxes, but looming GOP civil war on immigration and trade. Can rework Medicare and social security via reconciliation too, but far from concensus even within the Trump coalition.

Reince and Ryan are Siamese cheese heads. Ryan is Bannon's sworn enemy. Thanks to reconciliation, minimal GOP legislative problems with Obamacare and taxes, but looming GOP civil war on immigration and trade. Can rework Medicare and social security via reconciliation too, but far from concensus even within the Trump coalition.

Even Obamacare is a question mark - Paul Ryan was on TV saying that they were getting rid of Obamacare and also Medicare while Trump was saying that he wants to keep parts of Obamacare.

I'm guessing there will be common ground in relaxing regulations, though. Gotta free up Wall Street to create jobs or whatever.

Ryan not only wants to get rid of Medicare, he wants to get rid of Social Security. Each would be a major disaster.

Ryan not only wants to get rid of Medicare, he wants to get rid of Social Security. Each would be a major disaster.

That would be the best outcome possible. Obviously not a complete toss-out, but phase it out for those over 45 and nothing for anybody under 45.

Watching what the GOP does with the ACA is going to be fascinating. They can't just repeal it and kick 20MM people off the rolls overnight. They also can't just leave it alone. I still haven't seen any reasonable proposals for dealing with costs.

This is the problem with just saying "REPEAL, REPEAL, REPEAL" for 3 straight years with no actual plan of how that repealing/replacing is going to take place.

Both Trump and Ryan want to cut taxes, but can't agree on offsetting spending cuts to avoid ballooning the deficit. Trump wants to keep parts of Obamacare, social security, and Medicare. Ryan, not so much (to put it lightly). The Bannon/Trump fatwa on Ryan was mostly personal before, but will ultimately be ideological. Tea Party took down Boehner with only 40 members. Bannon has at least that many now and there are far more who are terrified of being primaried from the right. Ryan's hosed.

I actually think it would be a hell of a lot more fair to cut off SS at 80 than take it completely away from people under 45.

Once they get to 85 I'd faze out all government subsidized health care too. Why should I pay for your old ass to hang on to the speck of life you have left for another decade? You're past your expiration date. Society no longer owes you anything.

Last edited:
Watching what the GOP does with the ACA is going to be fascinating. They can't just repeal it and kick 20MM people off the rolls overnight. They also can't just leave it alone. I still haven't seen any reasonable proposals for dealing with costs.

That's the problem you have when you pass something like ACA with no way to calculate future costs....and don't have any idea how you are going to pay for it. Actually, not even any concern about how to pay for it, because that is going to be someone else's problem later on after you're gone.

Obama has dumped this massive problem in Trump's lap just like GWB dumped the disastrous economy in Obama's lap.

Ok fine, yes I expect the SSA to live up to their word. There will always be, from now until the end of the Earth, 60+ million Americans at retirement age or older. That voting bloc is not decreasing in size; it's only getting bigger. No politician on the planet has balls large enough to say to people at or nearing retirement age, thanks for the hard work paying in, I'm still taking my congressional pension but you don't get your cookie.

Bernie has it right, benefits should be increasing, not decreasing, and should be funneled to people who need them most.

except people under AARP's bloc have no organized lobby group representing their interests. I think that's important

lol, ok

if you think a 20yr old and a 30yr and 40 yr old have the same interests or views on SS i think you're being ridiculous

Again, I don't see why that's relevant. Voting age cohorts have vastly different interests. Retirement will never not matter to middle aged folks.

If the trump regime really did cut or dump SS, the millennial voting bloc (under 40) would probably not respond at the polls

i just chuckle at this "voters will flip the fuck out if SS is ever cut@!!1111" #narrative

Back