• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump: Dems favorability down to 31%! All time low! Sad!

You are very selective with your credibility outrage. Very quick to discredit a place like Vox or Snopes because of a particular founder you don't like, or an article that you believe shows bias. And yet you freely post graphs from a place like CIS which has published false or misleading research in the past.

Can you point to anything I've posted from CIS that is false?

Can you point to anything from Snopes that they were wrong on? If they were wrong, did they issue a retraction? Did the circumstances and information change around what they were verifying?

You aren't even getting at the crux of the arguments, you're just holding that everything is wrong because of something that is completely unrelated to the situation. It's a red herring in nearly every single case.

Why are you even bothering with bob.jr? He never posts anything of value.

Why are you even bothering with bob.jr? He never posts anything of value.

That's a good question. Still don't know if he's trolling for fun, or what the alternative is. I'm loose today so might as well discuss some things.

That wasn't what I said at all. You discredit anything that comes out of Snopes or Vox because of either past stories that in your opinion were biased or (more oddly) because of behaviors of their founders. By that same logic, you should discredit everything that comes from CIS. I'm not sure if the most recent immigration data you showed from CIS is accurate, misleading, false, or somewhere in between. But I know they have published stuff in the past that has been completely discredited, so some caution is probably in order.

Bob is Bob. He is going to continue bobbing until he can no longer Bob anymore. Sailor, on the other hand, has managed to twice this morning make statements of fact that are demonstrably false. And somebody pays this man to educate people. Wow.

That's a good question. Still don't know if he's trolling for fun, or what the alternative is. I'm loose today so might as well discuss some things.

The alternative is he believes all that shit and he does.

You were already cheap. Now, you're loose. What's your mom going to say.

Last edited:
Fake News, you know, per the author of the analysis that is being misrepresented. Sad! The degradation of dialogue your shitposting brings to every thread is pretty remarkable.
The truth is irrelevant to comrade Bob

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Can you point to anything from Snopes that they were wrong on? If they were wrong, did they issue a retraction? Did the circumstances and information change around what they were verifying?

You aren't even getting at the crux of the arguments, you're just holding that everything is wrong because of something that is completely unrelated to the situation. It's a red herring in nearly every single case.

I can point to several political articles that were misleading and agenda driven.

Then prove it. If it's so easy to show that there is voter fraud then I want to see a 100% determination of truth that it is occurring, and occurring at high rates.

If it's "naive and unrealistic" to think that it doesn't exist then give me some damn proof. There should be tons of cases out there that are easy to point to if it's so frequent.

Don't be silly. I am pretty certain that there is a lot more corruption going on in, say, big time college athletics than there are NCAA investigations into improper activities, much less actual punishments handed out for breaking the rules. Voting fraud is not that easy to detect, and rather difficult to study accurately. Furthermore, there really has not been all that much interest in either studying it, or trying to stop it. One major political party is determined to prevent any better understanding of the problem and appears to be in deep denial - at least officially - that voting fraud even exists. Under such circumstances the cloud around the issue is hardly surprising.

The winning party is not interested in drawing attention to voter fraud because that might raise too many questions and perhaps undermine their victory. And what do you expect the loser to say: the other side won because they cheated better than we did?

Don't be silly. I am pretty certain that there is a lot more corruption going on in, say, big time college athletics than there are NCAA investigations into improper activities, much less actual punishments handed out for breaking the rules. Voting fraud is not that easy to detect, and rather difficult to study accurately. Furthermore, there really has not been all that much interest in either studying it, or trying to stop it. One major political party is determined to prevent any better understanding of the problem and appears to be in deep denial - at least officially - that voting fraud even exists. Under such circumstances the cloud around the issue is hardly surprising.

The winning party is not interested in drawing attention to voter fraud because that might raise too many questions and perhaps undermine their victory. And what do you expect the loser to say: the other side won because they cheated better than we did?

So you feel like there is voter fraud. Sure.

Ready to take back your use of a debunked article as evidence yet?

"I'm a professor!" LOL Trump has driven many of the people in the "Resistance" completely over the edge.

It's not that hard to do some damn research and basic fact-checking before just latching on to something like this. Jesse Richman himself wrote to the Washington Times and said it's deceptive. That study was done in December of 2014, 23 months before the 2016 Presidential Election, and the 6.4 were extrapolations based on incorrect numbers from the 2008 election:

I do not support the Washington Times piece

I know you are just going to discredit Scopes as a "liberal rag", but at least read the damn article.

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-800000-votes-non-citizens/

The final conclusion:

Here's another refutation of this by a Cooperative Congressional Election Study pollster http://projects.iq.harvard.edu/cces...ng-low-frequency-events-large-sample-surveys:

The evidence was destroyed in Bowling Green, dumbass.

How is voting fraud not that easy to detect? If there are 800K to 5M cases of it then there should be demonstrable evidence in a pretty small sample size of votes to determine that there is widespread voter fraud. 126M votes were cast in this years election, and while obviously it won't break down completely evenly, if you just look at a 10K vote sample size then you would, on average, expect to find 63-396 cases of voter fraud. That's not unreasonable to go through at all, especially with the resources that the federal and state governments have.

Your framing of the way that Democrats and Republicans are attempting to make sure everybody who is legally allowed to vote can vote is comical.

The winning party is still drawing attention to voter fraud because the leader of that party believes in the conspiracy theory that Clinton won the popular vote because of it. Trump brought up voter fraud before the election for two reasons:

1. He sincerely believes in a lot of different conspiracy theories (that's pretty provable by just running down his timeline on Twitter...vaccines cause autism, the birther scandal, climate change is made up and a hoax by the Chinese).
2. To instill doubt in the minds of people in America, so when he lost he could easily claim voter fraud was one of the big reasons why.

Trump has no interest in actually seeing through with voter fraud other than how it fits to his definition. The man thought that being registered to vote in two states was voter fraud for god's sake.

If voter fraud were as prevalent and common as you truly think it is (which is fine), then you should be able to point out how often it occurs other than the 4 attempts that the Washington Post wrote about that were thwarted (and I believe 3/4 were done by folks who were acting due to what Trump was saying about the Democrats casting illegal votes).

It's not that hard. You can keep believing what you want without factual evidence to back it up in the real world, but when you come on here you will need tangible evidence to back it up instead of just relying on a truly fake news article from 2 years ago that is: outdated, been proven incorrect/redacted, and not relevant to this year's election. Otherwise you're going to be called on it.

Back