• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Group A
qa.png
Qatar
us.png
United States
tn.png
Tunisia
ua.png
Ukraine*
Avg. Ranking 1534

inject that into my veins

I'd take this

Group H
Portugal
United States
Tunisia
Saudi Arabia
Avg. Ranking 1560

Aaronson
Adams
McKennie
Musah
Pulisic
Reyna
Weah

Assuming we play a back 4, that only leaves 6 spots on the field. Even before we get into the argument for who is the 9, which of the players above do you leave out? And if you are playing a true #9 not in this list, which two are you leaving out?

There's no reason to think Berhalter will play anything other than a 4-3-3 with a midfield 3 of McKennie, Adams and Musah. Pulisic is set on the left of the front 3 which means one of Reyna, Aaronson, and Weah starts on the right. Unless one of them is moved to the 9 spot, which I think is unlikely, figure Aaronson and Weah are coming off the bench.

-----------GK-----------
Dest--WZ--MR----A. Rob
McKennie- Adams- Musah
--Reyna --- 9 --- Pulisic--

I thought this one would be fun.

Group B
Argentina
Germany
Senegal
Canada
Avg. Ranking 1618

Would anyone watch this group?

Group A
Qatar
Switzerland
Morocco
New Zealand*
Avg. Ranking 1461

Why wouldn't Chris Richards get looks at CB in the World Cup? He's younger and stacks up nicely on the CB template in a tougher league than Zimmerman:

kclaIxa.png

Qcc6BtX.png

I don't watch much of either of their play in domestic leagues, and I like what I've seen from Zimmerman too, but the data don't lie.

Zimmermans main knock has always been his distribution. I think there's an argument there, but I don't think you're benching Zimmerman either.

Why wouldn't Chris Richards get looks at CB in the World Cup? He's younger and stacks up nicely on the CB template in a tougher league than Zimmerman:

kclaIxa.png

Qcc6BtX.png

I don't watch much of either of their play in domestic leagues, and I like what I've seen from Zimmerman too, but the data don't lie.

Richards/Brooks would be the "everything is ideal, everyone is playing well and regularly for their clubs. and GGG doesn't hate anyone" partnership for me. Sadly, that injury Richards suffered was bad, hopefully he comes back well and is back to 100% by November, but TBD.

I want the Brooks thing resolved, it hurts the USMNT to not even have him in the mix. But GGG is an enigma.

My final guess....

Spain (1709)
USA (1633)
Iran (1564)
Ecuador (1452)
AVG: (1612)

Back