• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Did anyone stick around for the talking heads afterward?

They were ALL talking over each other, answering 5 different questions with the exact same answer, repeating their "this is how I see it" responses, not letting the host ask any questions. Just shitty...but I guess that's what you get when it's former players and not practiced analysts.

lol the CBS crew is head and shoulders above any other crew covering US/intl soccer we've had on tv

give me those clowns over Alexi Lalas's smug face all day

anybody considering going to Qatar?

Was planning on it but my wife is 8 months pregnant so probably not. She was drunk and told me that she would rather have a baby in 2022 and me still go to Qatar for a week than wait until 2023, but I'm not even going to try and fight it at this point.

lol the CBS crew is head and shoulders above any other crew covering US/intl soccer we've had on tv

give me those clowns over Alexi Lalas's smug face all day

I immediately turned it over to Futbol Americas on ESPN+. For anyone that doesn't watch it, it is far and away the best USMNT/CONCACAF coverage out there and its not even remotely close. Sebi Salazar and Herc Gomez do a fantastic job.

https://www.espn.com/espnplus/player/_/id/cdf2ed0b-44e5-4d89-a492-715ebb803316#bucketId=21908

Congrats, SD3. Depending on your help situation, you can think about bringing up Qatar in a few months. A 6-7 month old is more manageable than a newborn. If you have parents and friends to help, you may be fine with you leaving.

Congrats, SD3. Depending on your help situation, you can think about bringing up Qatar in a few months. A 6-7 month old is more manageable than a newborn. If you have parents and friends to help, you may be fine with you leaving.

Both sets of parents live within 10 miles and are best friends, will be their first grandchild. Help will certainly be there!

The biggest open questions are keeper and striker.

Steffen has not been good and doesn't figure to get a run of games to build upon. Turner doesn't distribute the way Berhalter wants and it doesn't seem likely that he's going to supplant Ramsdale and get a run of games at Arsenal, but he's been rock solid for the US. Horvath at least is playing regularly now but that's only been for about a month.

At the number 9, the current options are Pepi, Ferreira, Pefok, Sargent, Dike and Zardes. Which if any of these guys is playing regularly next fall will matter a ton and if any are actually scoring goals, that would be huge obviously. And like in 2010 when Herc Gomez and Buddle got hot before the tournament, other guys could play their way into the team.

you'd almost rather play aaronson out there at the 9 than leave him on the bench and play pepi

you'd almost rather play aaronson out there at the 9 than leave him on the bench and play pepi

Aaronson
Adams
McKennie
Musah
Pulisic
Reyna
Weah

Assuming we play a back 4, that only leaves 6 spots on the field. Even before we get into the argument for who is the 9, which of the players above do you leave out? And if you are playing a true #9 not in this list, which two are you leaving out?

assuming everyone is healthy and in form Pulisic, McKennie, Adams, and Reyna are borderline non-negotiable

Group A
qa.png
Qatar
us.png
United States
tn.png
Tunisia
ua.png
Ukraine*
Avg. Ranking 1534

Back