• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Still need England to take care of business in this scenario

likely, but crazier upsets have happened (in this tournament)

kinda candy-ass to play for that scenario
No, you beat Iran and you're in, right? I mean, obviously not if we lose 146-0 and Wales wins, but as long as you outperform Wales vs England.

So Reyna can’t possibly be 100%? Beyond not seeing him, I’ve got no issue with it. Four days until the next game — give both a shot and maybe you get the first one.

I like the XI if Reyna isn't going to play

Sargent should never take off his training suit

What does Dest do for you against England? Do we expect to possess the ball and get wide back into play? Or we think he's better defensively than Scally?

Still need England to take care of business in this scenario

likely, but crazier upsets have happened (in this tournament)

kinda candy-ass to play for that scenario
i think it underestimates our chances of winning today and the chances of wales beating england and overestimates our chances of beating iran.

Alexis lalas looks like a high school history teacher that just found out he has to work another 5 more years until they can retire…..

I agree we’ll see more early subs. It was clear that our guys who aren’t regularly playing 90 minutes were gassed by the middle of the second half. I’ve got to think Gregg noticed the same thing.

Iran just notched a 2-0 win against a team we tied. So beating them is presumptuous. Of course, we all remember losing to Iran 1-2 as part of finishing DFL in 1998.

This lineup confuses me a bit, but I am glad that it seems we are going for it here

If we win today we only need tie with Iran and we move on. If we lose or tie then have to beat Iran To move on.

I love how we stole their national anthem and made it one of our many patriotic sons.

The US national anthem is kind of problematic before sporting events, but it is perfect for a match against England. Remember that time we kicked your ass? Again? That was awesome.

Will be interesting if Pulisic continues to take our free kicks given struggles last game??

The US national anthem is kind of problematic before sporting events, but it is perfect for a match against England. Remember that time we kicked your ass? Again? That was awesome.

You mean domestic ones? In an international context, it’s great. Against England, it’s perfect.

The good news is we can go all out and care free as we control our destiny no matter this result. No diff between a tie or loss for Iran game so go hard and press and go for W. Goal Diff. Won’t matter so play with our hair on fire!

Back