• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

When the rain shut down the Masters Saturday afternoon, I switched over to the USWNT playing Ireland in a friendly. A minute or 2 later Mallory Pugh Swanson tore her patella tendon, so she's out of the WC. She's been our best player this past year, so I don't like our chances. But on a positive note, Ertz returned for the 1st time since having her baby. She's so much better at the 6 than Sullivan. I wonder if Dahlkemper will get back because our defense had a few dreadful moments in that game.

Generally agree with all those points. Ertz could possibly save our WC chances because Sullivan is so slow. Losing Swanson is a huge loss, but Sophia Smith is back. I think this WC is a huge opportunity for Trinity Rodman with Swanson out. I don't agree thaat much on Dahlkemper as she's always had the same poor positioning issues that our up and coming CB's have had. Our key in the WC is gonna be can we score? Gotta get a lot more from Rose Lavelle.

I want to remember seeing her hit a sweet left footed strike from the edge of the area on a dart into the side netting about 4 or 6 weeks ago on Twitter

It was an amazing strike

Why is there a Mexico friendly tomorrow night? Seems completely unnecessary.

Dike out 6-9 months with an achilles injury - what was his last injury that kept him out ages?

Pepi undervalued I think. - 20 years old and has accounted for largest % of team goals in Eredivisie on a dreadful team.

Musah is a starting La Liga CM at 20. There are what, two other people who can claim anywhere near that - Pedri and Gavi?

Matt Turner is also an odd one. He's established himself as backup at Arsenal and improved the one thing he's been knocked for.

But yeah, Pulisic, Mckennie and Reyna are heading in the wrong direction.

Pretty terrible match. Acosta and Long can probably hang up their international boots. US has no real creative guys on the field so not surprising they haven't had many chances. Sands has at least looked good.

whoa. very nicely worked goal tho

Yeah the goal was beautiful - Dest has loads of talent but no idea his best position and he hasn't shown consistency. Morris has stepped up his game this season and he looks really healthy.

Back