• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Of course, though if they won’t listen to me about their fan election, I’m sure they’re not listening on that

Hi everyone, posting this here in case anyone is a paid member of the U.S. Soccer Insiders and eligible to vote in the Fan Council election. As some of you know, my real life name is Alex Botoman. I went to Wake and later worked with our soccer teams for four years.

I’m one of the finalists for the Fan Council. In fact, I actually already won the election for the Fan Council, along with another great candidate, Carrie Blair. But U.S. Soccer discovered this week that they forgot to send the ballot to 6% of the voters. And rather than simply reopening the voting to give everyone a chance to vote, they decided to throw out all of the votes from the other 94% and start the election over again. I lobbied really hard against this—I think it’s really unfair—but to no avail. If you care to, you can read more about this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ussoccer/s/4koNmz54Jr

So, if you happen to have a vote in this election, would you please consider voting for either me or Carrie? Feel free to post any questions and I’ll try to respond when I can

Certainly interesting that you and Carrie were the top two, with both last names starting with B, side by side on the form. It's almost like people started reading, read 4-5 submissions, scrolled down, said F this I'm not reading the other 20 down below, then picked the best out of the 5 they read.

Glad to see yall at the top rather than the AO guys I know on there. Just really weird folks, tbh.

Lol USSF just sent me ANOTHER email telling me to vote again. This is the third email I have received:

It claims only 1 vote though, not 2:

1701463369276.png

Can you provide input on the kits?

I may or may not be passionate on this issue.
The leaked home jersey is fine. I prefer the plain home jerseys over the splatter paint or weird rhombus neckline ones. And it's paying tribute to those historic US teams of the past, like 2020.

1701463578612.png

1701463742552.png

Lol USSF just sent me ANOTHER email telling me to vote again. This is the third email I have received:

It claims only 1 vote though, not 2:

View attachment 6951

Certainly interesting that you and Carrie were the top two, with both last names starting with B, side by side on the form. It's almost like people started reading, read 4-5 submissions, scrolled down, said F this I'm not reading the other 20 down below, then picked the best out of the 5 they read.

Glad to see yall at the top rather than the AO guys I know on there. Just really weird folks, tbh.
Having a 25-person election is a terrible way to choose 2 people on a 5-person council. It’s also a big part of what makes it really unfair to take away all the votes we already had. Every reroll of the election is going to largely be a lottery based on who decided to check their email that day

The leaked home jersey is fine. I prefer the plain home jerseys over the splatter paint or weird rhombus neckline ones. And it's paying tribute to those historic US teams of the past, like 2020.

View attachment 6952

View attachment 6954
i want something iconic that can be a go to forever. Not a ringer-T

Still think Red Hoops is the way to go for the US

Hi everyone, posting this here in case anyone is a paid member of the U.S. Soccer Insiders and eligible to vote in the Fan Council election. As some of you know, my real life name is Alex Botoman. I went to Wake and later worked with our soccer teams for four years.

I’m one of the finalists for the Fan Council. In fact, I actually already won the election for the Fan Council, along with another great candidate, Carrie Blair. But U.S. Soccer discovered this week that they forgot to send the ballot to 6% of the voters. And rather than simply reopening the voting to give everyone a chance to vote, they decided to throw out all of the votes from the other 94% and start the election over again. I lobbied really hard against this—I think it’s really unfair—but to no avail. If you care to, you can read more about this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ussoccer/s/4koNmz54Jr

So, if you happen to have a vote in this election, would you please consider voting for either me or Carrie? Feel free to post any questions and I’ll try to respond when I can
I just voted for you, good luck. Your name was listed last, so obviously was not alphabetical.

Back