• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Who's ready for the big match today against Slovenia?? Hoping to see Esmir get a start, I think he's got the skills to become a great player.

I have no idea how Tolken didn't put away at least one of his chances in the last couple of minutes

I thought this was an interesting read:

Arrival of USMNT’s Cade Cowell prompts more questions about Chivas long-standing policy

Cowell made his Liga MX debut on Sunday, entering in the 62nd minute in Chivas’ 1-0 loss to title contenders Tigres. Cowell was active throughout the second half, coming close to an equalizer and demonstrating his pace on the left flank. Gago was pleased with Cowell’s performance, telling reporters after the loss that Cowell has adjusted well since arriving in Guadalajara.

But before Cowell stepped foot on a Liga MX pitch, pundits in Mexico referred to the signing as simply another example of how outdated Chivas’ nationalistic stance truly is in today’s football — a sport that has become increasingly internationalized at the league and national team levels. Liga MX in particular has been flooded with foreign players, many of whom are signed by Mexico’s biggest clubs.

MedioTiempo’s Miguel Angel Arizpe wrote that Cowell’s arrival should be considered a watershed moment for the club. It’s an opportunity, Arizpe opined, to end “an ancient, mediocre, loser, and non-productive rule.” In other words, Chivas could’ve said outright ‘We’ve signed a foreign player,’ but they didn’t.

Arizpe didn’t hold back regarding Cowell’s legal status as a Mexican citizen, either.

“Let’s not fool ourselves,” Arizpe said. “Cowell received dual citizenship because his mother’s cousin’s uncle’s great-grandmother’s granddaughter ate at Taco Bell. That doesn’t make him a player that characterizes the Chivas spirit.”

🌮🛎️

world cup schedule reveal happening now

US group games in LA (x2) and Seattle

Dallas gets 9 games

Miami gets third place game

Cup opener in CDMX

New Jersey gets the final -- Dallas and Atlanta the semis

Last edited:
world cup schedule reveal happening now

US group games in LA (x2) and Seattle

Dallas gets 9 games

Miami gets third place game

Cup opener in CDMX

New Jersey gets the final -- Dallas and Atlanta the semis

I thought this was the WC where groups only had 3 teams? That get voted down?

I thought this was the WC where groups only had 3 teams? That get voted down?
Yes, too much opportunity for collusion if groups only had 3 teams, need to stay at 4 teams per group so the final 2 group stage games can happen simultaneously.

Will be interested to see what those start times are
Would guess something like noon/3pm/6pm/9pm eastern for the group stage matches that have 4 matches per day, and 1pm/5pm/9pm for the final group stage games that have the simultaneous games (3 sets per day) and the round of 32 matches where there are 3 per day. 4pm and 8pm eastern for the knockout rounds that have only two games per day? More games to squeeze in, but usually schedule matches so they don't have overlapping windows if they can help it, right?

All 3 at 9pm eastern would be my guess, especially since they all fall on weekdays (Fri/Fri/Thurs).

Yo @deacvision7, any advice for getting a soon to be 2 year old in a beginner soccer league in the 336?

Not being a pushy parent here. All he does all day is play on his Little Tykes basketball goal and Franklin soccer goal. Probably shoots 500 shots a day if I had to guess.

At this point, would just like to get him outside in a league that will teach which way to run when your team has the ball.

At that age, I would recommend Soccer Shots. Those coaches did a great job with the basic skills of soccer and making sure the kids had a good time

Once the little man gets to be 3 he can join Fusion rec leagues where it is basically (volunteer) parent coached and its 30 mins of "training" (the club does provide a training outline for the coaches) and then a 30 min game with another rec team. Cheaper than Soccer Shots by a fair distance because there is no coach to pay. But I think it is still good for the kids to just have fun and get touches on the ball! My daughter has been in this since she was 3 and loves it.

At that age, I would recommend Soccer Shots. Those coaches did a great job with the basic skills of soccer and making sure the kids had a good time

Once the little man gets to be 3 he can join Fusion rec leagues where it is basically (volunteer) parent coached and its 30 mins of "training" (the club does provide a training outline for the coaches) and then a 30 min game with another rec team. Cheaper than Soccer Shots by a fair distance because there is no coach to pay. But I think it is still good for the kids to just have fun and get touches on the ball! My daughter has been in this since she was 3 and loves it.

Awesome, thank you!

Back