• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

France so looks like the real deal.

I love their strategy in general. Play two fantastic defensive midfielders fairly deep and keep the four attackers moving and rotating into free space. Eventually you get a chance with good numbers and your attackers in tons of space.

You can’t play their style without great DMs and great attackers. They have both, so it’s a ton of fun to watch and very effective.

There are also huge downsides to the programs many other nations use to develop talent. Like if you don't succeed (and most won't) you have little to no education to fall back on and you've only been playing soccer from 7 years old.
That's 100% correct. But, it's the reason the US doesn't have the prodigal young players. Pulisic doesn't have a degree, but he's our marquee player. That's the challenge we have in the US. Players who play in college will probably get their education which is great, but will never been the next Mbappe. I may be wrong but a resident youth soccer development program that includes degreed education is the closest we will ever get. In the USA basketball and football non-degreed players go to the pros every year. They all risk their futures on their talent and not their education. Just saying soccer works that way all over the world too.

That's 100% correct. But, it's the reason the US doesn't have the prodigal young players. Pulisic doesn't have a degree, but he's our marquee player. That's the challenge we have in the US. Players who play in college will probably get their education which is great, but will never been the next Mbappe. I may be wrong but a resident youth soccer development program that includes degreed education is the closest we will ever get. In the USA basketball and football non-degreed players go to the pros every year. They all risk their futures on their talent and not their education. Just saying soccer works that way all over the world too.
I think there are just two guys on our current team who went to college - Ream (who's old) and Turner. Everyone else either went MLS academy or Europe as a teenager.

I think there are just two guys on our current team who went to college - Ream (who's old) and Turner. Everyone else either went MLS academy or Europe as a teenager.

Morris went to Stanford. Zimmerman to Furman, not sure about others…

Aaron Long went to college, Yedlin played a year or two at Akron. Roldan went to college.

I mean. This is bad. But is this not playing in a World Cup knockout game bad? Am I being the asshole here?

I mean. This is bad. But is this not playing in a World Cup knockout game bad? Am I being the asshole here?

Yeah. Keep reading and it’s clear why.

I’m sure he expects they’ll win so he can come back and play in the quarterfinals.

Yeah. Keep reading and it’s clear why.

I’m sure he expects they’ll win so he can come back and play in the quarterfinals.

Yikes. It certainly seems as if any security working at his home was likely in on the scheme. This is like the 3rd time he has dealt with this.

Back