• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

It was thoughtful of the players to invite him but he should have kept his ass in the stands like every other spectator.

If it was done by C.Ronaldo he would have been rightly skewered by everyone. Kun deserves some stick for doing it himself, even if he is a likeable guy.

He could have been an assistant coach if he wanted to be involved. Don't celebrate in a uniform if you're not playing.

I don't have a problem with Kun being there, but I'd be a little annoyed if I was one of the handful of guys who played in a qualifier, didn't make the WC roster, and had to watch from home.

I don't have a problem with Kun being there, but I'd be a little annoyed if I was one of the handful of guys who played in a qualifier, didn't make the WC roster, and had to watch from home.
He'd been on the team before and was friends with the guys on the team. He would have been on the team but for his health issues. I have no problem with him being there or being on the field celebrating. There were family members and any number of others out there. But lifting the trophy when he wasn't a team member is maybe a tad much, but that is nitpicking. I miss him playing for City - he, KDB and Toure were my favorites on those teams.

He'd been on the team before and was friends with the guys on the team. He would have been on the team but for his health issues. I have no problem with him being there or being on the field celebrating. There were family members and any number of others out there. But lifting the trophy when he wasn't a team member is maybe a tad much, but that is nitpicking. I miss him playing for City - he, KDB and Toure were my favorites on those teams.
Oh agree totally. Seeing him play at the Calderón is up there in soccer memories for me. Loved those Atlético sides. It was more of the throwing on the shirt and lifting the trophy that was maybe a bit much, but I really don't care anyway.

Watched almost every match in the WC and was so pleased to see the Final having such solid officiating. The guy never lost control and it seemed no one even tried to cross him.

Didn’t Otamendi give him his shirt? I don’t hate the Aguero thing at all, he bled for his country for a long time and his teammates and nation love him. Good on him for celebrating imo.

Supposedly more than 5 MILLION people have turned up in Buenos Aires today to see the team. So many people clogging the streets the team bus can't even get to the 9th de Julio where the main gathering place is.

Discussion on TV that they may need to have helicopters come and airlift the team out of their bus. Not a concern anyone would harm them, but they simply won't be able to otherwise leave.

Now saying they are going to use the Presidential helicopter to airlift the players out above the crowd.

When their bus was going under an overpass two guys jumped. One landed on top of the bus. The other missed and fell into the crowd.

I wonder how much time someone like Messi even spends in Argentina. He left there when he was a little boy and has lived in Spain and France ever since. Like will he even spend Christmas there or head back to Paris or wherever?

Back