• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Not that I think Pep would want it necessarily but it would be a very enticing job if the salary was competitive.
If it’s enticing enough that Pep would think about it for even 1 second, we should be able to hire someone a hell of a lot better than Berhalter regardless of salary restrictions

If it’s enticing enough that Pep would think about it for even 1 second, we should be able to hire someone a hell of a lot better than Berhalter regardless of salary restrictions
Fair - no idea what wages are being offered. I absolutely think there are better coaches available on the wages Gregg will make. This wasn't a search as far as I can tell. They just wanted things to die down.

Fair - no idea what wages are being offered. I absolutely think there are better coaches available on the wages Gregg will make. This wasn't a search as far as I can tell. They just wanted things to die down.
So it leaked around halftime of a match against Mexico?

Lol, CONCACAF. Mexico announcers are dumbfounded at how poorly this is officiated.

Vamos! Dominant win. Keep the interim coach and be done with it. Mind blowing we go back to Gregg.

So GGG is going to swoop in for the final, or will he resume his role after the tournament?

So neither the men's or women's team can get the best coach available unless that coach takes the same salary as the other incumbent? Due to equality? This doesn't seem like a good idea for either team.

I wonder if the USSF had a word with Dempsey during the 2nd half.

Oh man, that delivered. US absolutely dominated (and looked pretty good at times) and Mexico embarrassed themselves to their own fans/announcers. I've got no problem with McKennie's reaction and while Dest could've/should've refrained, i can't really blame him for reacting when someone hits him in the throat. Scally and de la Torre will step up for the final.

Back