• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL WAKE FOREST FOOTBALL v. ELON thread

Wonder if we finally see more bubble/quick screens and maybe even a pop pass/jet sweep or two in the post-Sam era. Doubtful I guess, but would make good use of our personnel.
Sam routinely ignored open running backs in the passing game. Might not be bad for Mitch to look for them as a safety blanket.

What's everyone's position to watch that is not QB?

I'm curious tonight to see how the DTs look. Gonna be a rough sign if we allow Elon to establish a run game

Our defensive line, the two transfers and linebacker. If we win big, I don't know that it proves anything BUT if Elon's offense pushes us around, I have DEEP concerns for this season. According to Conor's article, Elon has a very experienced OL that returns 4 good starters.

ACCN coverage starts at 4:00.

Our defensive line, the two transfers and linebacker. If we win big, I don't know that it proves anything BUT if Elon's offense pushes us around, I have DEEP concerns for this season. According to Conor's article, Elon has a very experienced OL that returns 4 good starters.
This game is one that will let us know if Wake will be bad and have a difficult season. It won't really let us know if the team is more than mediocre.

FYI there's a looming blackout due to carriage dispute between Charter (Spectrum) and Disney (ACCN) - channel may go dark before kickoff.....
Not a problem for me. I listen to Stan and Larry. Theater of the mind. I 'see' every play (no I'm not vision impaired). Plus Im not fb smart enough to analyze individual performances! And yes, I've been in radio, off, on, off, on beginning in 1970. As a former radio pbp guy Stan's best I've heard in painting the picture with the word. Go Deacs!

The ACCN co-host would be far more attractive if she ditched the giant caterpillars resting on her eyelids

Currie trotting out the 2.7 million fans stat. "Fastest growing fanbase in the ACC. Fastest growing fanbase in the Power 5... Our fanbase...is diverse, wealthy, and it's influential."

I don't think he has much other choice at this point. Heard a rumor that another vote may occur tomorrow with the ACC presidents.

Back