• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake - Syracuse Thread

fair enough. One thing that wasn't shitty was the looks we got against their zone. Interior passing was pretty solid as well.

Timeouts can change the momentum/pace of the game. They also allow a coach to actually draw up plays. I know it's a strange concept.

We didn't lose because we didn't use timeouts. We got plenty of good looks that we flat out missed.

Our players just are not good enough. And I fear that Overton, Rountree, and Washington will be unable to ever make significant contributions in ACC play. The recruiting just is not there.

Why shoot 20 3s?? When we were patient I was very impressed with our interior passing - we got a lot of good opportunities inside the zone (not that we finished them at a high rate, but good opportunities anyway).

McKie must shoot about 5% when he shoots that quick 3-pointer off the pass - I yell at the TV every time he throws one up. and that it what it looks like, a convulsive throw at the rim...

Some timeouts would have helped our players handle such a physical game.

Devin getting a new x box tonight! What a fucking lazy bitch. Must enjoy that book check

I think Bzz blows as a coach but it is clear as day that we also lack horses to compete on a high level. And that of course goes back to mr. adams apple and his inability to recruit.
yep, his inability to recruit is by far his biggest weakness

Our players just are not good enough. And I fear that Overton, Rountree, and Washington will be unable to ever make significant contributions in ACC play. The recruiting just is not there.

Those 3 should not see more than garbage time minutes in this league yet they are supposed to be our 7th, 8th and 9th guys off the bench.

Why shoot 20 3s?? When we were patient I was very impressed with our interior passing - we got a lot of good opportunities inside the zone (not that we finished them at a high rate, but good opportunities anyway).

McKie must shoot about 5% when he shoots that quick 3-pointer off the pass - I yell at the TV every time he throws one up. and that it what it looks like, a convulsive throw at the rim...

That's what coaches are for.

Timeouts wouldn't have mattered for shit. We made 3 threes and missed 17 and of those 17 I have a feeling at least 10 of those were pretty good looks. Our best players didn't show up what so freaking ever.

They are "good" looks because syracuse wants you to take a shit load of threes. We're not exactly the first team to miss a lot of "open" threes against Boeheim's zone. It's bad coaching against a good team.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

I would honestly be pissed off at this game plan if we didn't get good looks. We had a lot of good looks that we bricked.

Back