• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake-UNCW game thread

I honestly think our rotations and weak side help defense are much bigger problems right now than our on the ball defense. I've been shocked at how well we've stayed in front of people this year compared to last. Most of these 30 point guards really caught fire and were hitting threes with hands in their face.

+1 I agree completely.

Rewatched the play again. You're completely offbase. CJ had the problems with the press that he always has, including throughout last year. Considering the nearly 80 game sample we have of CJ as a PG v SG, what on the lords greener earth makes you think CJ is anything but a below average PG???

He is our best player by far and has improved as much as any Deac I've ever seen (whattup Timmy, Viss, and JHo), but I'll take either TC or Fields anyday.

Rewatched what play? The facts are that when CJ Harris is our point guard, we outscore our opponents at a much better rate than when he's not. He's better at the 2, but that doesn't mean he's not our best PG, by far. And since we have better other options at the 2 (namely, Fischer), we should play him at the point more.

In the UNCW game, we were outscored by three points when Tony was in the game. When CJ was point guard, we outscored UNCW by 12 points (in only nine minutes).

When Tony went out in the second half, we were tied. When he came back, we were up by nine. CJ Harris has had one game where he really hurt us against the press -- VCU last year, in his first college game as PG against a legit opponent. But people often have a tough time getting over first impressions.

Rewatched what play? The facts are that when CJ Harris is our point guard, we outscore our opponents at a much better rate than when he's not. He's better at the 2, but that doesn't mean he's not our best PG, by far. And since we have better other options at the 2 (namely, Fischer), we should play him at the point more.

In the UNCW game, we were outscored by three points when Tony was in the game. When CJ was point guard, we outscored UNCW by 12 points (in only nine minutes).

When Tony went out in the second half, we were tied. When he came back, we were up by nine. CJ Harris has had one game where he really hurt us against the press -- VCU last year, in his first college game as PG against a legit opponent. But people often have a tough time getting over first impressions.

Numbers without context are glorified box scores. When CJ and Chase attempted to break the press, I had a PtSD flashback. When we play without TC and Fields, we effectively pla without a PG and it shows...

The lineup getting the most time should without a doubt be:

CJ
Chase
Travis
Nikita
Carson

I wish there were a better 4 option but there isn't. We obviously haven't seen the Ty/Carson duo yet, and based on what Rusty said a couple of weeks ago we won't see it. Nikita is still the better option at the 4 there though imo.

The lineup getting the most time should without a doubt be:

CJ
Chase
Travis
Nikita
Carson

I wish there were a better 4 option but there isn't. We obviously haven't seen the Ty/Carson duo yet, and based on what Rusty said a couple of weeks ago we won't see it. Nikita is still the better option at the 4 there though imo.

Do you remember CJ as PG last year?

I think the game tape speaks for itself. I'm not a CJ hater either. Nor do I think that TC is particularly decent...

Numbers without context are glorified box scores. When CJ and Chase attempted to break the press, I had a PtSD flashback. When we play without TC and Fields, we effectively pla without a PG and it shows...

This is a fine narrative that, again, is not based in reality. When we play without TC and Fields, we outscore our opponents. By a lot. This is a simple fact.

Complaining about the UNCW game continues to make no sense, since it was that backcourt that won the game for us.

I've not seen the game yet and I plan on watching it tonight at some point, so I will give my opinion having a clean slate watching it.

Back