• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake - Yale Game Thread

It is ridiculous to think a team that won eight games, had a bad recruiting year and lost three of it's top 8/9 players would nearly double its win total.

The fact you can't admit this shows your blind spot.

You mean the players that the coach said led to such a poor season in the first place?

Somebody please quote this question for the old man. Cheers.

I'm still humored that people compare this season to last season, see improvement, and think it shows anything.

Last season was a complete AIDS ridden dumpster fire. There has been improvement, for sure, but we are still pretty shit. Just be honest.

I think we are improved over last year. Mostly it's an effort thing. It's disheartening that the players didn't show up for Arizona State and most of Richmond, but otherwise the effort has been there (well, Georgia Southern and Texas Tech weren't great games from an effort point of view, but wins are wins). Both offense and defense have been much better than they were last year, but that isn't hard. I don't like his half court offense, and the transition offense is virtually non-existent. I actually do like what I'm seeing on the defensive side of the ball.

I think he is a mediocre coach who will achieve mediocre results. This is the most dangerous kind of failure because it's harder for an involved party to detect and correct. He has never stayed anywhere long enough to build a program and instead leveraged marginal success at each stop for a marginally better job. He doesn't have the resume of a winner. And, he doesn't have the persona of one either (and, yes, that does matter!).

I hope I am wrong but I do not see Jeff [Redacted] delivering the talent, coaching, and inspiration needed to be a top tier ACC program and to compete neck and neck with UNC and Duke 1-2 years out of every 5. Nothing that happens this year (or, likely, next) will prove me right or wrong in this regard.

Also, as of last night's game, we're ahead of my projections by 2 games. A win against Wofford will make it 3 (I figured we'd have a really bad OOC loss).

Last edited:
Back