• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 13 NFL Thread: FLY, EAGLES FLY

Yeah, Caldwell (it still makes me laugh that he is somehow an NFL HC) came out after the game and said he thought 61 yards would be too far for an effective Hail Mary, so their primary objective was to stop an underneath play with multiple laterals.

That's fine but the defenders have to adjust when they're 20+ yards away from any eligible receiver. Technically, Rodgers could have taken off running and lateraled to an O-lineman but that's more of a defensive jailbreak situation.

Yeah, but you also have to factor in that the Lions' coach is a goddamn moron. The whole thing is a disaster.

Except for them going to Calvin Johnson more once Jim Bob Cooter got the offensive reigns. Cooter and Johnson are an explosive combination. And throwing it more to Ebron, as Cooter is pretty close to the tight end.

Dude on the bottom left is the best. I feel like we were all robbed of a realtime Townie reaction.

JNJEzvm

Mark Brunell's favorite Brett Favre story is one about him torturing a poor deer

yhqjtkh2z9epafjg7h01.png

I definitely agree it was a bad call on the facemask. A.A.Ron sold it well.

I just rewatched the second down play. Still think it's DPI based on the first replay. Second replay looks clean but I feel the first contact of the DB to the neck of the WR is flag worthy.

Definitely DPI, agree the face mask was questionable -- though he did get a finger in there. The horse collar on the play was not questionable. I can't post GIFs because I don't know how, but the defender clearly grabs the side of Aaron's shoulder pad and pulls him down.

Article 15: Horse-Collar Tackle. No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey
pads or jersey, and pull the runner toward the ground. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a
quarterback who is in the pocket.

Why call a timeout from your own 44 to punt the ball? What if the Packers blocked the punt? What if they score a TD right here?

I assume this was the punt before the final TD. Was play clock running down? Not that a 5 yard penalty would matter much from the 44 to the 39.

Shooting a deer with a .22 would have made the story bad enough. Brett Favre was a real piece of shit. Thanks for sharing, Mark.

Definitely DPI, agree the face mask was questionable -- though he did get a finger in there. The horse collar on the play was not questionable. I can't post GIFs because I don't know how, but the defender clearly grabs the side of Aaron's shoulder pad and pulls him down.

Article 15: Horse-Collar Tackle. No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey
pads or jersey, and pull the runner toward the ground. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a
quarterback who is in the pocket.

The commentators pointed out last night that Rodgers was in the pocket and there was therefore no horse collar.

I assume this was the punt before the final TD. Was play clock running down? Not that a 5 yard penalty would matter much from the 44 to the 39.

Yeah. It's something coaches do that irks me. There's no need to save 5 yards of field position before a punt.

The commentators pointed out last night that Rodgers was in the pocket and there was therefore no horse collar.

He was definitely not in the pocket. There was no pocket and he was 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Just watched the play in question. Not a horse collar.

Never looks like the defender's hand goes inside his collar....isn't that critical to calling a horse collar tackle?

Back