• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 5 NFL Thread

going to nfl games is borderline not fun

My dad has been going to Panther games since Charlotte had the team, and I often wonder why he puts himself through it all every week. First off, he puts his entire level of enjoyment on the outcome of the game, so if the Panthers lose, in his mind the whole experience sucked because then all he focuses on are the negative aspects: battling traffic there and back, battling the crowd in the stadium, being near loud/obnoxious opposing team fans, paying out the ass for food and parking, and all the perceived screw jobs by the officiating crew that week. But even when they win he's got some story about the dickhead in the Honda Civic who stopped traffic for "no reason" that he "almost" got into a fight with. Meanwhile I just watch Red Zone and drink a beer in my comfy living room. I enjoy it when I go once or twice a season, but I wouldn't want to do it ten times a year.

Pussies.

Signed,

galatasaray-fans.jpg

I dunno. I see 2-4 Falcons games a year and I rarely see fights. I can think of one fight in the stands in maybe 6-7 years. Granted seats are club level, but you still see all the people in the concourse and notice if there are fights in the stands. And lets just say that the average dirty bird rabble is WAAAY bigger and tougher than speedy gonzales and his bathroom brigade there.

You're talking about the city (in decline) that is pretty much universally regarded as the most uselsss, apathetic sports fans in the country. Not really a good representation of the average NFL/sports fan.

Depends on where you're sitting in basketball and baseball. Front row seats, absolutely better live. Right field bleachers or upper bowl behind the basket, I prefer on TV. Hockey is better live wherever you're sitting. Football games live pretty much suck.

Last edited:
Hockey is amazing live. It really is amazing how big and fast some of those guys are. They really don't get the credit they deserve for being amazing athletes.

Personally I kind of feel NFL football is the only one that is readily argued that staying at home is the better way to go. Basketball, baseball, and hockey are all better in person.

Back