• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 7 NFL Thread: Thanks for Coming Out Mallett

Beasley is slow and can't make defenders miss. Yet Jason Garrett still trots him out there. I find it hard to believe that they can't find someone better.

The Cowboys definitely should draft a QB next year.

Glad Hardy is someone else's problem now.
I know he is playing well, but he really wasted a big opportunity with the Panthers. He was turning into a star/face of the franchise with all that Kraken nonsense.

Was Hardy this crazy (irt on the field antics) in Carolina or has he gotten crazier? I remember the face paint but I don't remember him getting into it with Riverboat or being this obnoxious

I didn't sign up for this Greg Hardy bullshit. Especially not in a year where there are enough distractions add it is with Dez and Romo being hurt.

You kind of did. Of course the Cowboys are going to sign the most controversial player available. You know that as a Cowboys fan yet you continue to support them. It's not like this is a surprise to anyone.

are-you-an-enabler-300x300.jpg

You kind of did. Of course the Cowboys are going to sign the most controversial player available. You know that as a Cowboys fan yet you continue to support them. It's not like this is a surprise to anyone.

are-you-an-enabler-300x300.jpg

Thanks for your input, 2&2. Valued as always.

Beasley is slow and can't make defenders miss. Yet Jason Garrett still trots him out there. I find it hard to believe that they can't find someone better.

Don't even get me started on that stupidity.

Was Hardy this crazy (irt on the field antics) in Carolina or has he gotten crazier? I remember the face paint but I don't remember him getting into it with Riverboat or being this obnoxious

Yes. Dez is also crazy, so there's that.

Thanks for your input, 2&2. Valued as always.

I do what I can. The guy beat up his girlfriend, threw her onto a pile of guns, and then paid her off so that she couldn't be served to testify at the trial for which she had filed the charges (and that is being optimistic, in reality he probably had her kidnapped and/or killed). And Jerry signed him as soon as he was able, as everyone knew he would because this is who the Cowboys are. The organization has shown time and time again that it is a disgrace to basic human decency.

Yeah that psycho went completely ballistic on his girlfriend while also calmly calling the police on her

I do what I can. The guy beat up his girlfriend, threw her onto a pile of guns, and then paid her off so that she couldn't be served to testify at the trial for which she had filed the charges (and that is being optimistic, in reality he probably had her kidnapped and/or killed). And Jerry signed him as soon as he was able, as everyone knew he would because this is who the Cowboys are. The organization has shown time and time again that it is a disgrace to basic human decency.

[h=1]HISTORY OF VIOLENCE: NY Giants and NY Jets have had no problems suiting up players with questionable pasts[/h] [h=2]Don’t think for a second think the local NFL teams are immune to hypocrisy. They’ve both mastered the art of looking the other way, too.[/h]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/vacchiano-giants-jets-no-problems-suiting-players-questionable-pasts-article-1.1943763

The Giants, in recent years, employed Rocky Bernard and Michael Boley despite their domestic violence issues. And don’t forget Christian Peter − the poster boy for athletes-gone-wild in the ’90s, who had multiple accusations of sexual assault on his resume, including one conviction − was a Giant, too. Twice in 2008 police were reportedly called to the home of receiver Plaxico Burress for a domestic dispute, and his wife even reportedly took out a temporary restraining order against him, yet he still continued to play for the team (until he shot himself, of course).

The Giants, in recent years, employed Rocky Bernard and Michael Boley despite their domestic violence issues. And don’t forget Christian Peter − the poster boy for athletes-gone-wild in the ’90s, who had multiple accusations of sexual assault on his resume, including one conviction − was a Giant, too. Twice in 2008 police were reportedly called to the home of receiver Plaxico Burress for a domestic dispute, and his wife even reportedly took out a temporary restraining order against him, yet he still continued to play for the team (until he shot himself, of course).

I mean, they should really get credit for Christian Peter. He was a headcase before they signed him, but they put him through the ringer before giving him a contract, and he generally turned his life around and became a productive member of society once he was with them.

With Boley, the Giants cut him immediately after his arrest; obviously Plax was cut as well; whereas, again, the Cowboys actively seek ongoing fuckups. And that is the difference. No team is ever going to control what every player does off the field, but decent organizations get rid of those guys when shit happens but the Cowboys have no problem with it hanging around or even bringing it in knowing about it.

I mean, they should really get credit for Christian Peter. He was a headcase before they signed him, but they put him through the ringer before giving him a contract, and he generally turned his life around and became a productive member of society once he was with them.

With Boley, the Giants cut him immediately after his arrest; obviously Plax was cut as well; whereas, again, the Cowboys actively seek ongoing fuckups. And that is the difference. No team is ever going to control what every player does off the field, but decent organizations get rid of those guys when shit happens but the Cowboys have no problem with it hanging around or even bringing it in knowing about it.

You sure about that, Clark?

Take the case of Boley, a Giants linebacker from 2009-12. He was suspended by the NFL for the first game of his Giants career for a domestic violence arrest that came almost a full year before the Giants gave him a five-year, $25 million contract. Boley was reportedly accused of pushing his wife against the wall, throwing her over a couch and shoving her into a kitchen cabinet.

So was Bernard, who had served a one-game suspension for allegedly punching his girlfriend about a year before the Giants gave him a four-year, $16 million deal.

Back