• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 7 NFL Thread: Thanks for Coming Out Mallett

I didn't compare him to Gregory or Collins, TW. I didn't even name them: just said they drafted a couple of guys that fell in the draft because of character concerns. Pretty sure that's accurate.

However, you pulled out "the kid made a mistake and served his court appointed time in jail" gem. That's probably the exact quote any coach/GM or owner uses to defend offering a contract or scholarship to a player that has run afoul of the law just because he can help the team win games.

Wow I hadn't thought about Jim Bob Cooter in forever. I had to google him to remember where he played.

I followed this situation pretty closely. Jerry Brown's mother and Jerry Jones were adamant about him getting his spot back on the team. I wouldn't have done it if I were Jerry, but that man moves to the beat of his own drum. Brent never made it back into shape and is now in the Cowboys scouting department. It seems like Jerry banked on him being able to get back into shape, but when it didn't pan out, he helped him out. Pretty fucked up, IMO. Of course, that fits the narrative that the Cowboys are a hive of villainy. Josh Brent and Greg Hardy are the two examples we have so far.

You don't have to look very far to see these same situations in all NFL locker rooms. Your beloved Panthers don't have the cleanest track record. I'm biased, of course, but 2&2 and yourself are constants in any anti-Cowboys narrative, which is fine, but don't act like they are so much worse than your own team.

I don't have any problem with Josh Brent being back on the Cowboys. He fucked up big time, but was sincerely remorseful.

Constant in any anti-Cowboy narrative? I don't even think I posted on this thread until today. If Pats or Cowboys fans troll on the Panther thread, I will talk shit about their hives of villainy. Only reason I came to the thread was the Greg Hardy headline.

I thought Hardy's suspension was crap last year. Whatever crime he committed was before the pre Ray Rice video, and should have been penalized under the punishment for DV at the time IMO. Instead, he sat out 20 games. Had no problem with the Cowboys taking a chance on him. Hardy and the Cowboys knew they would be heavily scrutinized when that happened. Therefore, they got pushback in the media for drafting Gregory and Collins that other teams would not have received.

Hardy acting like an idiot isn't helping the Cowboys' perception. You would think the guy would have enough sense to lay low and not create headlines. Now that he is creating headlines, the coach and owner are defending his passion and "leadership", which feeds the "hive of villainy" narrative.

Totally agree all NFL locker rooms have had similar situations from time to time.

Official Week 7 NFL Thread: Jim Bob Cooter: Offensive Mastermind

The number of arrests for the Jags surprised me by being so high but then I wondered how many of those were Justin Blackmon or Jimmy Smith.

I don't have any problem with Josh Brent being back on the Cowboys. He fucked up big time, but was sincerely remorseful.

Constant in any anti-Cowboy narrative? I don't even think I posted on this thread until today. If Pats or Cowboys fans troll on the Panther thread, I will talk shit about their hives of villainy. Only reason I came to the thread was the Greg Hardy headline.

I thought Hardy's suspension was crap last year. Whatever crime he committed was before the pre Ray Rice video, and should have been penalized under the punishment for DV at the time IMO. Instead, he sat out 20 games. Had no problem with the Cowboys taking a chance on him. Hardy and the Cowboys knew they would be heavily scrutinized when that happened. Therefore, they got pushback in the media for drafting Gregory and Collins that other teams would not have received.

Hardy acting like an idiot isn't helping the Cowboys' perception. You would think the guy would have enough sense to lay low and not create headlines. Now that he is creating headlines, the coach and owner are defending his passion and "leadership", which feeds the "hive of villainy" narrative.

Totally agree all NFL locker rooms have had similar situations from time to time.

Yeah, Jerry and Hardy aren't doing themselves any favors, that is for sure. I wish they would just chill out and be quiet, but it is apparently hard to do with a team that is doing nothing but losing in painful fashion.

during the golden era of cowboys football the players invented new crimes. ppl forget that. if they want to get back to the super bowl, they need to scout players that have versatility and innovation in the felony department imo

during the golden era of cowboys football the players invented new crimes. ppl forget that. if they want to get back to the super bowl, they need to scout players that have versatility and innovation in the felony department imo

scissors to the neck for sitting down for a haircut and not moving is pretty innovative. i must admit.

scissors to the neck for sitting down for a haircut and not moving is pretty innovative. i must admit.

mike irvin was just trying to teach a rookie about senority. there are players who deserve haircuts whenever they want them no matter the circumstances and there are people that need a little steel motivation. it builds character

Back