• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Windy’s Wonderful World of Wearables (Uniform News and Discussion)

Fanatics is universally hated (and dunked on) in the hockey community - they've recently monopolized sweater production in the NHL, too.

I have a friend that works in the industry and called it from the get go - he warned me a while ago that fanatics entire plan was to make decent stuff, get contracts to monopolize, drop quality but not prices, and profit.

I have a friend that works in the industry and called it from the get go - he warned me a while ago that fanatics entire plan was to make decent stuff, get contracts to monopolize, drop quality but not prices, and profit.

Seems like a common plan across industries.

Not really
Lack of competition dries up the need to improve the product. Fanatics has a monopoly across the board now when it comes to jerseys, all supported by the leagues. This is why monopolies are bad. If there was somewhere else to go, fans could show their displeasure, but since this the only officially licensed game in town, the company can keep dropping quality with minimal issue (unless they drop it too much and the leagues get upset, which we are starting to see).

Lack of competition dries up the need to improve the product. Fanatics has a monopoly across the board now when it comes to jerseys, all supported by the leagues. This is why monopolies are bad. If there was somewhere else to go, fans could show their displeasure, but since this the only officially licensed game in town, the company can keep dropping quality with minimal issue (unless they drop it too much and the leagues get upset, which we are starting to see).
i 100% agree with all of this.

My disagreement is that the plan was to eventually cut quality. I believe it is a byproduct, not a plan

This is a good account to follow

So i fully believe the quality for MLB jerseys etc is an issue. But with the millions of products they are shipping, i find it silly when people point out the ones that are screwed up. Customer service sucks? sure...that's an issue. But i wonder what percentage of overall product is misprinted etc

So i fully believe the quality for MLB jerseys etc is an issue. But with the millions of products they are shipping, i find it silly when people point out the ones that are screwed up. Customer service sucks? sure...that's an issue. But i wonder what percentage of overall product is misprinted etc
That account has plenty of instances of people saying their jerseys and shirts have horrible quality after one wash.

That account has plenty of instances of people saying their jerseys and shirts have horrible quality after one wash.
Probably no way to know, but i wonder what percentage of purchases are favorable. i would assume accounts like this are going to become an echo chamber.
In the last 12 mths...i've bought 9 items from fanatics. I have had no issues with them at all. I didn't post about it either

if you look at the older authentic Nike jerseys you could buy with stitched on names, numbers, and logos compared to the "Nike" ones from Fanatics now it's night and day, iron-on things and such.

Back