• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Windy’s Wonderful World of Wearables (Uniform News and Discussion)

Anyone else imagine those ladies gossiping in heavy Philly accents across that sigil?

From the guy who created Uni-Watch and very much a critic of big uniform. As I suspected he says the MLB uni’s are not a Fanatics issue

Fanatics is not responsible for most of the problems we’re seeing. This same factory, with the same equipment and the same staff, produced MLB’s on-field uniforms last year, and the year before that, and for many years prior. So nothing has changed on the production side. And the factory has been owned by Fanatics since 2017, so nothing has changed on the ownership side either. The changes have come from the design side, because Nike has rolled out a new tailoring template, new jersey fabric, standardized lettering sizes, and more. As I’ve tried to explain in a series of blog posts, Fanatics is simply following the design specs that they’ve been given (just like they did last year, and the year before that, and so on).

Any word on how the NFL will solve the "green uniform problem" for the opening game in Brazil? The Corinthians Stadium in Sao Paulo, where game will be played, has a strong tradition of no green main uniform color. Both designated "home" team Philadelphia and visiting team Green Bay have some shade of green as a primary uniform color.

Visiting team Green Bay shouldn't have much of a problem, as they can wear their road white/gold with green accents. Green accents apparently acceptable in the stadium.

What does "home team" Eagles do? Wear regular green as they would if playing in Philly? That would be a major disrespect to the tradition of the stadium. Wear the all black color rush uniforms? Or? It will be interesting to see how the NFL handles this.

Any word on how the NFL will solve the "green uniform problem" for the opening game in Brazil? The Corinthians Stadium in Sao Paulo, where game will be played, has a strong tradition of no green main uniform color. Both designated "home" team Philadelphia and visiting team Green Bay have some shade of green as a primary uniform color.

Visiting team Green Bay shouldn't have much of a problem, as they can wear their road white/gold with green accents. Green accents apparently acceptable in the stadium.

What does "home team" Eagles do? Wear regular green as they would if playing in Philly? That would be a major disrespect to the tradition of the stadium. Wear the all black color rush uniforms? Or? It will be interesting to see how the NFL handles this.

Why don’t they have green uniforms there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don’t they have green uniforms there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green is the color of Corinthians rival Palmieras.

Could the NFL be any more tone deaf, sending two teams that wear green to play in a stadium where green is the most hated color.

ETA: the Corinthians Kit is black and white.

Last edited:

Oh this is fascinating…I am very curious now about this

just did a little sleuthing on the interwebs. Corinthians board is in discussions with Eagles to wear white as the home team. They don't see an issue with Green Bay wearing green, because it is appropriate for a visiting team to wear green. Fascinating.

Thanks for bringing this to attention @Deaconblue This is certainly something i will now be following!

Leave it to the NFL to create a problem that didn't have to be. Could have made the Eagles "visitors" and almost any other team except the Jets and Packers "home" and no problem.

Snagged an Adidas Cam Ward Hurricanes jersey for half off today from the Canes pro shop. Hope it fits, because they will probably sell out before I could get a replacement

Back