• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Officially Gasparilla Bowl Thread - Wake Forest vs. The University of Misery

LK, you going?

Have we ever played them in FB? Don't remember any games against them in my lifetime and I'm no spring chicken.

Have we ever played them in FB? Don't remember any games against them in my lifetime and I'm no spring chicken.
Nope. So a unique opponent from the SEC in a Florida bowl. Better than we deserved tbh.

Edited to add: Duke with 8 wins and a win over us gets UCF in Military it seems. I prefer our draw.
FSU gets a 6 win Oklahoma team which kinda blows for them.

Men's hoops had a home-home with Missou in 1996-97 and 1997-98. Women's hoops played them two weeks ago in the Bahamas.

For personal travel reasons I would have preferred Military Bowl, but I feel like a Florida bowl before xmas is just a better overall trip for our players and fans.

Texting a coworker about it. Wonder if she’ll go. They’re Wake season ticket holders and actually have a Mizzou/Wake flag they fly at their tailgates since she went there.

Nope. So a unique opponent from the SEC in a Florida bowl. Better than we deserved tbh.

Edited to add: Duke with 8 wins and a win over us gets UCF in Military it seems. I prefer our draw.
FSU gets a 6 win Oklahoma team which kinda blows for them.
Cool. Agree it's a lucky draw for us. Always liked Mizzou for no particular reason. Seems like a cool state and solid public school. The few Mizzou grads I've met over the years were all very smart and likeable. Sort of like the anti-UNC.

One of those games where our marketing team will have to be sure to commission a photo from high above showing the stadium filled with black and gold.

Probably won’t be filled though.

Wake Forest Bowl Central

Lots of chatter on Reddit about Missouri asking not to play Kansas in the liberty bowl. First I'm hearing of this.

Lots of chatter on Reddit about Missouri asking not to play Kansas in the liberty bowl. First I'm hearing of this.
We posted about it a few days ago. Allegedly it’s due to a bball game against Kentucky at the same time.

I am now angry because I see that Bad Boy Mowers is sponsoring the Pinstripe Bowl.

Mizzou fans do seem to be pretty pumped to play us and pretty respectful about our program.

Back