• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Officially Gasparilla Bowl Thread - Wake Forest vs. The University of Misery

BTTT. maybe a little better thread title would be good.

Deacs open at -1.5
I'm surprised. Mizzou had a much harder schedule, should have beaten Georgia, and has more quality wins. Considering how we ended the year, especially on defense, I have no idea what Vegas is seeing that I'm not.

just some guy, but something to keep an eye on?

I'm surprised. Mizzou had a much harder schedule, should have beaten Georgia, and has more quality wins. Considering how we ended the year, especially on defense, I have no idea what Vegas is seeing that I'm not.
Believe it or not a mechanism exists to prove Vegas wrong if you think this line is off

Definitely stay downtown. Don’t try to find anything near the stadium.

Definitely stay downtown. Don’t try to find anything near the stadium.
Fairfield Marriot near the airport is all right-about a mile for the stadium, and very close to Cigar City, if you are into that. (Also close to Mons Venus, if you are into that).

Cool. Agree it's a lucky draw for us. Always liked Mizzou for no particular reason. Seems like a cool state and solid public school. The few Mizzou grads I've met over the years were all very smart and likeable. Sort of like the anti-UNC.
Actually lived in Columbia from 64-69 when Dan Devine was their coach and they were a perennial Top 10. Big game was always Devaney bringing the Huskers to town and a sea of Red on the other side. Also brought in a rookie bball coach by the name of Norm Stewart who stayed for a few years.

Fairfield Marriot near the airport is all right-about a mile for the stadium, and very close to Cigar City, if you are into that. (Also close to Mons Venus, if you are into that).

Yeah. The stadium is close to the airport. So airport hotels are a good bet if you don't want to rent a car and don't plan on doing anything else but go to the game and nearby restaurants and strip clubs (yes, that's basically what's near the stadium along with office space).

All Missouri grads claim to have gotten into the school for journalism and then switched majors. This is a lie. Most Missouri students are like that kid from Ozarks who shacked up with the old meth dealer lady.
...or they're weirdly obsessed with birds.

Saw one of our players today at lunch and he seemed really excited about landing in Tampa. Said they're pumped about spending some time in Tampa after they take care of business and get the win. I also asked if he's entering the portal and he laughed and said definitely not. He seemed pretty bummed out about all the portal stuff, but very happy at Wake. He should see some quality PT next year on defense.

Saw one of our players today at lunch and he seemed really excited about landing in Tampa. Said they're pumped about spending some time in Tampa after they take care of business and get the win. I also asked if he's entering the portal and he laughed and said definitely not. He seemed pretty bummed out about all the portal stuff, but very happy at Wake. He should see some quality PT next year on defense.
I actually don’t think our portal issues have been so bad thus far compared to many others.

Back