• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ogboards NBA Fantasy League, free, spots open, draft Monday

jaybone

Reaction score
I pulled out of the league and it is Numbers' league now. I set it up to basically two years ago to get a practice draft in with 16 teams before my money league draft (mock drafts don't do 16 team drafts; they max out at 14). The new draft date of Monday is after my pay league draft so I'se out once more.

Have fun. You guys have plenty of time to fill up to 12 or 14 and if you are a team short, you can publish it to the public and you will get that last team in about 5 minutes.

ciao mi extranos

Last edited:
Jay, I'm back in if you'll have me...

I'm in a much better position to be an active participant this year.

This would be my only squad.

Do I still have my spot? I never check yahoo

cool. I will send you an invite. Could you PM me the email address you want to receive the email though?

Thanks, there were two spots so one spot open. I do have one "offer" out to a board member who PMed me first.

Do I still have my spot? I never check yahoo

Yes. I sent an invite to whatever the email address you used last year. You do have to accept the invite though to join. So just between now and Oct 1 sign up. I am in no rush. I'd prefer to have the draft as late in the preseason as possible.

We are having a vote/debate though on whether or not to move to an auction draft. If you want a vote in that, you should sign up pronto as right now I have about 5 for and 5 against changing the draft type.

I am IN. Will pay upfront. Will utilize all my knowledge to emerge victorious every year and then will use my winnings to fly to homecoming every year and get tsy to grill a bunch of delicious filets.

I would rather tongue kiss George Michael after one of his bathroom benders than invite Palma

Just joined... I don't know why I do this everyone year bc it seems like I suck every year. Maybe I'm just a fantasy bball dunce.

Is this like the premier league where if you win the lower league (the free fantasy league) you get an entry to the higher league? I am too cheap to pony up $100. Would love to play in the free league again (and hopefully go back to back).

Is this like the premier league where if you win the lower league (the free fantasy league) you get an entry to the higher league? I am too cheap to pony up $100. Would love to play in the free league again (and hopefully go back to back).
I'd play in the free league, too, fwiw.

I played in a free league with rjkarl one year. He had the first overall pick and wanted to pick Chris Paul but somehow he managed to pick Rudy Gay.

Classic RJ.

I think he still won the league though.

i will restart the free league too. Strick33, give me your email address if you were not in the league last year.

Need one more in the pay league as VT has not signed up. Need 10 for the free league. Just PM your email address and say specifically whether you want in the pay league or free league.

Here are the pay league details again:

Trade review board is to be determined. I need three volunteers and two alternates to review each trade. The last few years have been pretty tame with trades. Last year, the board was: 710 Spliiters, CTown Jinx, and just win baby. Alternates are Scubapooz, Tan Computer.

Payouts for the 2014/15 season are the same as last year:

$200 in weekly payouts** ($10 a week, no weekly winner for all-star week); you need to have accessed and rotated your team at least 5 days prior to the beginning of the week or during the week to receive payout; otherwise the weekly payout will go to the next highest owner) If there is an owner or owners who win the week 9-0, they automatically win or split the pot superseding the weekly winner

$25 to mid-season (week 11) 2nd place
$50 to mid-season 1st place
$25 to 3rd place
$75 to 2nd place
$125 to 1st place
$50 to best record last 10 weeks
$75 to consolation bracket winner
$75 to 6th place playoff
$100 to 5th place playoff
$125 to 4th place playoff
$150 to 3rd place playoff
$200 to 2nd place playoff
$325 to playoff winner

If I owe you $50 or more, I will pay you by check whenever you request it (during the season). I don't mind paying you whatever money I owe you via Paypal whenever you request it. Otherwise, I pay everyone a day or two after the end of the season by check or paypal (your preference). Obviously, to pay you by check, I need your name and address, by paypal, the paypal account info.

**The weekly winner will be the team with the largest total in a category determined randomly on Thursday morning (e.g., rebounds, points, 3 pointers, etc...)**The weekly prize works as a side pot to reward teams who finish the best in the league in a random category for each of the first 20 weeks (except all-star week). I will look at my team's FG% on Thursday morning and use the last digit to determine that week's category in the following code:

0 = 3PTM
1 = PTS
2 = REB
3 = AST
4 = STL
5 = BLK
6 = 3PTM
7 = PTS
8 = REB
9 = AST

For example, if my FG% Friday morning is .482, the digit is 2 and the team with the highest number or rebounds after Sunday will win $10. A total of $200 will be given in weekly prizes with no prize during all-star week. Any ties in any category will split the pot evenly. I will keep a running tab on the payouts.

I will post category on Thursday, winner on Monday, and keep a running tab on winners and money owed all season in the commissioner's note.

----------------------

For what it is worth, I'm not posting because:

* I don't want to be edited without notification
* It's just time; not angry, just time. Posting under a sort of 23-years of age persona and I'm not 23. I'm not even 43 anymore.
* Don't want to be living a life where I get into virtual tiffs with people I don't know several times a week; seems a grace-less way to go about things
* Adios, virtual amigos

Last edited:
Back