• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Oh, Claire

Hope the Dems can at least pick up Arizona, Nevada, or Tennessee, as McCaskill's hopes of re-election are looking increasingly grim. She was already in a tough fight, and with revelations like these (there have already been some previous corruption accusations), she's in a tough spot.

Thank God for local investigative journalism. Drain the swamp!

Oh no, the blue wave missed Claire McCa$kill
07e0567ab8bd91a733e136fdbf7b89cc.gif

so do people think that the government shouldn't subsidize affordable housing projects? The purpose of the subsidy is to promote investment in affordable housing.

I don't see somebody investing in affordable housing investments which are subsidies available to anybody for engaging in activities that the government is trying to promote as being indicative of being in the "swamp".

So basically this big news is that he is a limited partner in some housing investments where the government subsidizes the investors for providing below market rate rents to low income tenants. How do people think Section 8 housing projects work all around the country?

This stuff is effective because the left keeps falling for it time and time again.

Last edited:
Very shocked that ITC and ChrisL would support a multimillionaire conservative Dem profiteering off the privatization of public housing. It's really a huge surprise that neither of you would find her actions problematic.

To be clear, she is one of the most conservative Dems in the Senate, very unpopular, and buckraking is a major cause of her unpopularity. But please continue on defending her for absolutely no reason - you're really selling your Democrat cred here. Lets definitely pretend that Claire McCaskill suddenly became unpopular today.

I'm personally fine with her being voted out and replaced with a more progressive candidate (even though she may instead be replaced by a Trumpublican because you). I'm just upset that you hate poor people now.

I guess this is what phan accused me of, "haranguing liberal Democrats", by just posting something ITC disagrees with. Fuck this noise.

it's disgusting when a politician leverages their position for personal gain. but keep flailing around.

it's disgusting when a politician leverages their position for personal gain. but keep flailing around.
and based on everything I have read about this story, that claim isn't even being made.

Back