• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Oh, Claire

While there may have been foul play, I don't see any evidence of such, nor do I know anything about potential other conflict of interest

However, as our accounting friends here certainly know, those reported income numbers are hard to actually decipher and are probably tangled up in a host of LLCs

LLCs allocate 100% of their taxable income to their owners through tax partnerships. Partnerships have flexibility in allocating income for investment vs the people who actually run the business which are usually owners as well.

For someone who purports to be wildly in favor of subsidized housing, you seem to know jack about how it actually gets built. Here's a hint, it's kinda similar to the way conventional housing gets built, but the neighbors complain more.
When you typed that, did it make sense to you, in your head?

Anyway, it's crystal clear that the few of you have no problem with Senators and their spouses becoming extremely wealthy in office through shady as fuck, federal funding...adjacent...investment deals. If you think its all above board for a formerly poor congresswoman to be worth 30 million dollars after 10 years in office, fine. That's the type of representative you deserve.

mdmh is just kneejerk capital investment is bad. There is nothing remotely shady about this, much less his "shady as fuck" fantasy. He sounds like a fool.

Last edited:
When you typed that, did it make sense to you, in your head?

Anyway, it's crystal clear that the few of you have no problem with Senators and their spouses becoming extremely wealthy in office through shady as fuck, federal funding...adjacent...investment deals. If you think its all above board for a formerly poor congresswoman to be worth 30 million dollars after 10 years in office, fine. That's the type of representative you deserve.

Well I do. Unfortunately, this is not a nefarious scheme. Better next luck time.

Well I do. Unfortunately, this is not a nefarious scheme. Better next luck time.
Yes, it's been repeated that you don't believe its nefarious. I was never uncertain about your opinion on the matter.

it would appear that most people don't believe it's nefarious - what you believe is nefarious is simply wealth accumulation and are conflating the two things.

it would appear that most people don't believe it's nefarious - what you believe is nefarious is simply wealth accumulation and are conflating the two things.
"would appear" and "accumulation" are doing some very heavy lifting in that statement. Fortunately we get to see to the spirit of this debate play out in real time.

time for my weekly check-in on the tunnels and oh look at that this thread went exactly how i would have imagined it'd go

good times, see you next week

Back