• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OK, so who is going to really watch thurs. night?

Yeah. Bad mistype. I was thinking about the Childress shot, not the entire era of dominance.

i smell a poll!

What will be the moral victory?

a)did not get blown out like against state
b)played good d for the first 10 minutes
c)bzz had a better watch
d)cj and mckie showed they are all acc capable
e)bzz has really developed ty
f)glad to see bzz cursing coach k rather than himself
g)cameron was toasty warm on such a cold night

You forgot h) our socks looked good.

This is the kind of game that will likely result in me drinking far too much and being banished to sleep in the guest room. That said, I will most likely be watching.

I will be at Cameron pulling hard for our boys, win or lose.

I expect a lot of crying on this forum. I wonder how many of you big mouths contribute a single dime to our athletics endowment.

I would guess that the loudest of you contribute nothing.

Some people prefer to give money to the Academic fund and not the Athletic fund, champ.

This is the kind of game that will likely result in me drinking far too much and being banished to sleep in the guest room. That said, I will most likely be watching.

Polished off the last bit of two bottles of Bourbon this weekend trying to decide which I liked best. Thanks for the reminder to hit up the ABC store before Thursday! :thumbsup:

Have attended, watched, or listened to every game for the last 6 years. I won't be stopping any time soon, even though I expect Thursday to get as ugly as Coach K wants it to get.

Polished off the last bit of two bottles of Bourbon this weekend trying to decide which I liked best. Thanks for the reminder to hit up the ABC store before Thursday! :thumbsup:

Soooooo... which one won?!!?

I'll watch with a good supply of PBR and perhaps some bourbon if it comes to that. Or I will just turn it off.

I will be at Cameron pulling hard for our boys, win or lose.

I expect a lot of crying on this forum. I wonder how many of you big mouths contribute a single dime to our athletics endowment.

I would guess that the loudest of you contribute nothing.

You're really god-damned loud. So does that mean the school pays you?

I will be there. So yes, I will watch.

The game can't be as ugly as Ryan Kelly and the dook students in general, so I will keep my eyes on the court.

I've watched every game this year (that was on TV or internet) so no doubt I'll be watching. Can't say I'm anticipating it, but I wanna see if the guys can come out with some fire after that dogshit performance they gave saturday.

I predict ESPN will apply the mercy rule around the 10-35 mark... 4 minutes left in the first half. It'll be like the Kentucky game a few years ago in the NCAAs where CBS cut away to another game when we started getting blown out.

Have fun at Cameron. I went two years ago and I don't have any desire to ever see a game there again. We've had really good teams go into Cameron and still lose by 10 points.

I hate to see kids who are giving it their all suffer and I want the best for Wake athletics. But, the easiest way and arguably most effective way to show displeasure with the performance of a program is with the wallet or pocketbook (tickets, donations, etc). I respect the fan that believes you go to every game win or lose and cheer like crazy. I also respect the fan that says "I am not satisfied with the performance and I am not going to go sit through that when I expect better from the school."

My opinion is the opposite. Once Bzz does leave WF, the lack of donations/fan support will make it extremely difficult to get the quality of coach that those that are so adamant about firing Bzz immediately really want. A decently enough established coach isn't going to commit to a program that has terrible fan support and no funds for him to go out and do his job effectively. I'm sure i'm in the minority here but that's just my take on it.

My opinion is the opposite. Once Bzz does leave WF, the lack of donations/fan support will make it extremely difficult to get the quality of coach that those that are so adamant about firing Bzz immediately really want. A decently enough established coach isn't going to commit to a program that has terrible fan support and no funds for him to go out and do his job effectively. I'm sure i'm in the minority here but that's just my take on it.

Chicken/egg. Hire a decent coach then ask for the money. This seems more like a colossal misuse of funds.

Don't disagree that bzz is starting to lose any support from him but as you said, its a chicken/egg thing, really no clear starting point to say which is the way you should go about it. Many programs have done either and found success.

Don't disagree that bzz is starting to lose any support from him but as you said, its a chicken/egg thing, really no clear starting point to say which is the way you should go about it. Many programs have done either and found success.

I think this is what interim coaches are for. After Dino, we should have kept Dino on as interim, got a search together, and found the long term hire. We had some cred then. I know we were hanging on to recruits, but just tell them we are working hard to get the right coach, and see how it goes. Then you get the money together to hire your coach. I think this goes back to that decision to hire Dino long term, and then it just spiraled out of control.

Back