• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OK, so who is going to really watch thurs. night?

I think this is what interim coaches are for. After Skip, we should have kept Dino on as interim, got a search together, and found the long term hire. We had some cred then. I know we were hanging on to recruits, but just tell them we are working hard to get the right coach, and see how it goes. Then you get the money together to hire your coach. I think this goes back to that decision to hire Dino long term, and then it just spiraled out of control.

FIFY I think. And if that's what you were meaning to say I agree completely, that was 100% the best way to handle the program for the long term.

FIFY I think. And if that's what you were meaning to say I agree completely, that was 100% the best way to handle the program for the long term.

Yup. I understand why Dino was hired and it was an emotional time and the thought was "what can we do to make things run as smooth as possible?"

On the hardwood myself, just like I was Saturday and glad I didn't watch. But maybe we will shock the basketball world.

My opinion is the opposite. Once Bzz does leave WF, the lack of donations/fan support will make it extremely difficult to get the quality of coach that those that are so adamant about firing Bzz immediately really want. A decently enough established coach isn't going to commit to a program that has terrible fan support and no funds for him to go out and do his job effectively. I'm sure i'm in the minority here but that's just my take on it.

If our next hire is a good one, this fanbase will energize quickly. As apathetic as our fans generally are in bad times, the support is there in droves when there's a good product on the court (or when the coaching hire leads us to hope that the team will be good).

Hmmm - looks like I may be the first to say that I probably won't watch it. It's supposed to be entertainment, and there is no way this game will be close to entertaining for me. I just don't have it in my heart to watch our guys look like the Bad News Bears against a team that is so clearly superior. Combine that with all the shots of the dorks/losers in the stands, and the fact that just looking at a Plumlee makes me angry, and this game just sounds like 2 hours or so of torture. Maybe I will flip over every once in a while to see what the score is, but I really believe that just acting like the game doesn't even exist is the best plan for my sanity.

Coach K will release the hounds. 5 players and 3 refs will ensure we'll never come close. Vegas must love Duke games.

I miss going to Wake games in Cameron even though I never saw us pull out a win (and nobody has since 1994).
1994 was the only game I've ever been to in Cameron (and the origin of my name). I like having a winning percentage of 1.000 in that building.

I'll watch at the least the first half with a good number of my dukie classmates. Whether or not I'm able to gut out the entire game or slink home to watch the end is tbd.

NoVaDeac;532026[B said:
]I'll watch at the least the first half with a good number of my dukie classmates.[/B] Whether or not I'm able to gut out the entire game or slink home to watch the end is tbd.

Why would you subject yourself to that kind of torture?!?

I have become so apathetic about our basketball team that my parents (both Duke fans) have called me at times this year and last year to ask about something happening in one of our games and I didn't even know we were playing. So, I won't be watching tonight.

I actually had an offer for decent cheap tickets to go to the game tonight and it never even crossed my mind to actually go.

As someone mentioned before, it is supposed to be entertaining and we are so bad I can't find any entertainment in watching our team get blasted by a team I hate.

Back