• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Oklahoma Tornados

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
The relatively quiet tornado season so far has made a drastic turn for the worse. If you haven't seen the video from yesterday and today, you should. Its horrific.

OKC just got owned.

Complete devastation - will have to be an EF5 or as Dusty would say, 'the finger of god.'

It's is so amazingly rapid...it's not like people are boarding up windows in preparation...literally you turn around and your car is flying through your house.

friend just posted this on Facebook

move to tablet
properly get image
profit?

945247_10101225496916269_112492432_n.jpg

Last edited:
Growing up in KS, I'm way too familiar with these asshole tornadoes. This one today seems to be particularly shitty. Allegedly bigger than the one that hit Moore in 1999. The worst.

Oklahoma has a particularly hard time with them because of the lack of basements, due to their expense with the hardness of the soil or something.

At least this was during the day and there were tornado sirens. That's what scares me about tornadic weather out here, the lack of sirens.

Last edited:
There are reports that two schools were absolutely destroyed. Students were inside hunkered down.

There are reports that two schools were absolutely destroyed. Students were inside hunkered down.

KFOR-TV reporting/confirming that children were in the 2 schools. They kept them there instead of transporting them home because of the storm. Both schools destroyed. They are 'pulling 3rd graders out of the rubble'... reporter is crying on television.

yikes. big yikes.

Have family in Norman, Edmond, and Chandler (near Shawnee, which was hit yesterday). Not cool, mother nature.

I cannot tear my eyes away from weather channel. the reporter crying earlier was awful.

Ugh. THose photos are horrific/sickening. I can't fathom that level of devastation. I also can't imagine being one of the homes a block away, unscathed.

Many prayers that this somehow isn't as bad as it looks in terms of fatalities...

Ugh. THose photos are horrific/sickening. I can't fathom that level of devastation. I also can't imagine being one of the homes a block away, unscathed.

Many prayers that this somehow isn't as bad as it looks in terms of fatalities...

+1

Maybe I'm optimistic, but I think this will end up being the case. Those people are typically pretty good at knowing exactly where to be when something like this happens (under a stairwell, in a bathtub, etc.).

Reports locally that the two schools had "safe rooms" large enough to fit all the kids in the schools. Hoping that's the case.

Back