• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Oklahoma Tornados

oh no! Whitewater Bay! Where I went with my grandmother back in 1982ish!

sounds like it's going to miss central downtown (Devon Tower) and Bricktown.

good news. weather service said that some back winds have slowed it down

They're talking about south 89th St...between that and the north end of Moore is about 1-2 miles

I'm a bit surprised to hear the newscasters recommend that people get in their cars and GTFO. While that may be advisable, it seems to have created a panic. The reason you don't tell people to do that is they get stuck in traffic in the weather and get blasted. And that's exactly what happened. They specifically recommended that people not be in their cars back when I was growing up in the old days.

Weather Channel truck destroyed...all ok.

http://jalopnik.com/weather-channel...ource=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

BLok1GACQAE-KaE.jpg:medium

I'm a bit surprised to hear the newscasters recommend that people get in their cars and GTFO. While that may be advisable, it seems to have created a panic. The reason you don't tell people to do that is they get stuck in traffic in the weather and get blasted. And that's exactly what happened. They specifically recommended that people not be in their cars back when I was growing up in the old days.

It sounded like the weather guy was advising people to go south, then the tornado turned due south, and went right between the 35 which was between OKC and Moore, which apparently became a parking lot due to traffic.

Back