• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Old School Nintendo Game Thread - Game Open - Day 123 Ends at 1:30 PM EST

Well played, Northern. You went hard on separation from townie and ryala and those moves were almost enough to get you the win.

Literally Day 2 I told the others in mafia chat that you could not be alive in the end game or it was over. You had enough heat on you to prevent a night hit then you started clearing me.

Oh well. Fun game.

I see no reason moving forward not to simply make up a ridiculous claim day 2 or 3 and then just keep making up new shit to add on to the role so I can ensure I make it to end game like manning.

Eating the D1 lynch as a mafia watcher without really putting up a fight is definitely going to be my play the next time i have the chance.

In addition to me not thinking northern would be maf1, the real reason I hit Redwing was because if I hit northern and he's not mafia, I was most assuredly dying the next day. And then I thought it'd be a question mark whether or not civs would lynch redwing over manning (and I felt confident manning was civ).

I thought in the case northern isn't mafia, it's most likely redwing and this was my one way of guaranteeing he'd be lynched. If I'm wrong, northern is still going to get lynched (either at 4-1 or 2-1).

Eating the D1 lynch as a mafia watcher without really putting up a fight is definitely going to be my play the next time i have the chance.

Well you can do that while I live until day 8 by lying about my claim repeatedly day after day while civs just laugh.

What did he say in there that isn't true? Looks spot on

I will argue to the death that civs cannot just let someone lie repeatedly about their role for four consecutive days and then make it to end game.

Civs won despite process being god awful. Hard to argue with the results though.

Dear goalie,
giphy.gif

PS: Tejas and dv7, thank you for the game. Nice job guys.

Just wanted to apologise for my poor play and I'll go into retirement now again

Rommy eating the cop the night Parlay died is probably POTG.

IMHO, Rommy’s power shouldn’t RB, but jail. Then, make it non-consecutive use.

Why the shit were you doing hitting me maf 2? There were so many cleared civs, we had to keep killing them if either of us wanted to win.

Agreed, thanks Tejas and dv7. Flawless modding this game. Balance can always be argued, but the in game modding was terrific.

- Orpheus - manning
You were the star of Battle of Olympus, and you collected snake skins to help you on your journey. In this game, you will get one snake skin for each night you stay alive and one extra snake skin for when you help vote a mafia member out (but you do not get credit if a cop reveals his investigation that leads to a lynching). If 3 snake skins were collected, one could get immunity for one night. If 6 were collected, one could learn the character and alignment of one player (your skins are gone moment you choose one). You win with the town

Yes, manning lied about his role. Multiple times. But the good thing he eventually did is come 100% clean with his actual role. It was then that we could understand his motivation and why he came out when he did, why he tried to overstate his powers (twice), and how the powers played into it. He wasn't able to get himself lynched w/ so many other clears out there but the effort made sense.

Rocket - why did you continue to lie about your role?

JTP - what gives?

Just wanted to apologise for my poor play and I'll go into retirement now again

You did not play poorly, just don't lie about your role. You actually played really well.

Also I am fully aware that this is the typical jhawk retirement post after every game. Just wanted to say the above anyway.

Back