• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Old School Nintendo Game Thread - Game Open - Day 123 Ends at 1:30 PM EST

One thing that I really dislike, and maybe it's because I've been mafia all three games i've played this season, is when somebody says "their tone is off".

Multiple people said that about Gooner (before everybody inexplicably bought Rommy's claim about receiving messages from the game without questioning it at all), and provided no posts or voting to back it up. When he asked back "show me proof", more people piled on.

Your tone was off. As was townies. I wanted to kill you both earlier but it got interrupted by the Rommy claim and then the terrible vig hits. After that we went to Boston because we didn't think we could get traction on either of you and Boston had not provided much substance. And then the JTP/Boston round happened.

It kinda sucks with 2 mafias because you are unknowingly chatting it up with other mafia members, which then draws you scrutiny later on even though you have no idea you're doing it.

Your tone was off. As was townies. I wanted to kill you both earlier but it got interrupted by the Rommy claim and then the terrible vig hits. After that we went to Boston because we didn't think we could get traction on either of you and Boston had not provided much substance. And then the JTP/Boston round happened.

Doofus' tone was off compared to what? He's played two theme games now in like three years and was mafia in both of them (both the last two weeks).

It kinda sucks with 2 mafias because you are unknowingly chatting it up with other mafia members, which then draws you scrutiny later on even though you have no idea you're doing it.

LOL, I remarked that in our mafia chat. Somehow I was cleaner from being in my own mafia than in the other mafia who I had no clue who the members were.

It also made me scratch my head when people said to me "Doofus was acting differently than he was last game, so he must be mafia this game". Uh yeah, I was mafia last game too.

I would love if we would expect more from people as far as evidence "show me proof that he is acting oddly, what post #" instead of letting people skate by on "yeah his tone is weird, let's lynch him".

Man I know we've only played together a few times but I am most likely the laziest mafia player we have. If I haven't been around for a while and there is like ten pages since I last read I normally skip them and don't read it. Now you expect me to provide post numbers. I rely heavily on other players who I personally clear as civ to build my reads off of. That last day I honestly thought nonny was so civ that he had to be the mafia

Maybe it's my judgment as mafia, but there is like a 1% chance that a claimed D1 miller is mafia. The only 1% is because it's Knight and he can't play the game without engaging in poetic self-fellatio
If it hasn't happened yet, it's going to soon. Why not have a goon claim miller day 1? Based off your logic, Knight coulda skated through to end-game.

And on the other hand, if I'm a miller, I think I still claim miller but I should expect people to evaluate me based off my gameplay, not the claim.

It legit wasn't me. I'm never here for early morning nights. That was the rest of my team.

RE: your hit - we didn't realize how far behind the 8-ball we were at the time we hit you (to the civs).

We assumed that somebody in the redwing/nonny/da, or gat/d14, or tic/??? (who proved to be GM), or Manning/Timdunk, would turn up mafia - as it turned out, they were all civs.

We figured you were an important civ special or mafia, and sense we were down 4-2 to you guys, we made that hit.

Hindsight is that we shouldn't have done it, but at the time we were playing catchup a bit.

It also made me scratch my head when people said to me "Doofus was acting differently than he was last game, so he must be mafia this game". Uh yeah, I was mafia last game too.

I would love if we would expect more from people as far as evidence "show me proof that he is acting oddly, what post #" instead of letting people skate by on "yeah his tone is weird, let's lynch him".

I don't think anyone said that. I think I led on you D1 by saying you were being similar to the last game. And idk how to describe tone. It just is.

It legit wasn't me. I'm never here for early morning nights. That was the rest of my team.

Yeah I think that was me and townie. We were aiming for people not likely to have day one protection that also could be a problem if they were around a long time.

I personally thought Doofus's tone was the same as it was when he was mafia last week, and said so. But I love it when mafia is salty about why they're lynched when they're mafia. I'm also ready to be mafia again.

Oh, and I legit thought that I was getting AA'd. I was reading through the votes and saw three for me, and that was after I had a bunch of posts. I pm'd Tejas asking what I should do and that's when he let me know manning voted twice so I only actually had two votes on me.

If it hasn't happened yet, it's going to soon. Why not have a goon claim miller day 1? Based off your logic, Knight coulda skated through to end-game.

And on the other hand, if I'm a miller, I think I still claim miller but I should expect people to evaluate me based off my gameplay, not the claim.

It's right to claim miller day one. It's also probably right (from a civ perspective) to lynch the miller if they do claim day one. If you're mafia why would you ever waste a hit on a claimed miller? Make them prove it.

It was different from the last game...that I was also mafia? How would you even compare that/what are you comparing it to?

I completely switched up styles this time after D1 (stayed away from the thread, didn't engage too much), and was still deemed mafia. Obviously I was mafia both times, so maybe I just need to, overall, sound more civ, but your tone argument holds no weight as far as it "being different".

The risk is that you must claim miller with your first post. A real miller will get you killed.

I'm definitely down for theme games opening Monday morning with roles out Sunday night. I posted twice Sunday afternoon, went to my mother in law's for Mother's Day, and came back that night to over 300 posts, then went to sleep and woke up with three votes on me at 8 AM.

compared to how civ would act?

Once again - no matter what role I am, I am almost always going to speculate on game mechanics, not commit fully to reads (because hell if I know if I am right), and hedge a good bit.

I mean I could be like knight and tic where I declare myself the smartest player in the game and just blast anybody who disagrees with me, but to me that makes the game much less enjoyable.

Back