• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Old Spice

In today's WSJ, Chase Fisher says that Dayton (and I'm quoting) "is always a powerhouse."

Is this what we've come to, really? A team from the A-10 is always a powerhouse, and a team from the ACC is really excited to play them and see what we can do??? :rulz:

In today's WSJ, Chase Fisher says that Dayton (and I'm quoting) "is always a powerhouse."

Is this what we've come to, really? A team from the A-10 is always a powerhouse, and a team from the ACC is really excited to play them and see what we can do??? :rulz:

No trolls on Thanksgiving... just turkeys.

Go Deacs!

This doesn't bother me. I'd rather have our players treat every opponent/game like it was a top 10 team than the other way around. Effort only beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough.

really, what do you want him to say? we were 1-15 last year. they all look like powerhouses, and complacency shouldn't be a problem.

I want him to say "Dayton is a really good, well coached team, and we will have to play well if we want win."

All of that is true. However, they are most definitely not a powerhouse, over whom a win would prove anything.

I want him to say "Dayton is a really good, well coached team, and we will have to play well if we want win."

All of that is true. However, they are most definitely not a powerhouse, over whom a win would prove anything.

You probably would have said the same thing before the VCU game last year, and VCU went on to the Final Four (along with another mid-major, Butler, while another one of those lowly A-10 mid-majors that we played, Richmond, made the Sweet 16).

No single win in November "proves anything," as anyone with the slightest knowledge about college basketball well knows. But it is silly to imply that a road win over a solid mid-major is meaningless, given the year this program just endured.

And BTW, Chase Fischer is a few months out of high school, so criticizing him for some innocent comment to a reporter is really low.

Last edited:
You probably would have said the same thing before the VCU game last year, and VCU went on to the Final Four (along with another mid-major, Butler, while another one of those lowly A-10 mid-majors that we played, Richmond, made the Sweet 16).

No single win in November "proves anything," as anyone with the slightest knowledge about college basketball well knows. But it is silly to imply that a road win over a solid mid-major is meaningless, given the year this program just endured.

And BTW, Chase Fischer is a few months out of high school, so why don't you take your criticism of some innocent comment he made to a reporter and stick it where the sun never shines.

You just wrote a ton of words and yet said nothing. Nice work.

Indiana State beats TT.

BC playing St. Louis in the 76 Classic at Jeff Teague Arena.

A win over Dayton today would prove that we have made improvement from last year. To say otherwise is complete nonsense and I'll leave it at that.

Depaul up 10 with 2 mins left in the first half over Minnesota.

I have never seen so many layups as in the Minn/Depaul game.

Stop feeding the 20 post troll, y'all... Chase's comments are pretty par for the course.

On the other hand, this game is going to tell us a lot about our coach's abilities. I predict a lot of runs, dry-spells, etc. We need big performances all around, but nowhere more than from our HC...

Happy Thanksgiving and go Deacs!

With W. Va and Ohio being neighbors, regionally I'm sure Dayton is seen as a "powerhouse" by many in that area; kind of like what people in Western N.C. would say about APP in football. Keep in mind Chase is just a freshman who has yet to see the Dukes and UNC's of the world up close. Understandable comment on his part.

Decent Wake crowd. Very strong Dayton crowd.

Stop feeding the 20 post troll, y'all... Chase's comments are pretty par for the course.

On the other hand, this game is going to tell us a lot about our coach's abilities. I predict a lot of runs, dry-spells, etc. We need big performances all around, but nowhere more than from our HC...

Happy Thanksgiving and go Deacs!

LOL. If you don't post all the time you are a troll!!!!!!1111

That's right, I just named myself 00 and certainly wasn't class of 2000 at wake...whatever dude, glad you poast a lot, and sorry we disagree about Dayton...

Back