• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Old Spice

It's actually pretty in-depth as far as most previews go. I think the whole attitude bit is just their thing. They've been great in the e-mails I've exchanged with them.

Yeah it is great about how in depth it is, and if the attitude thing is their schtick that's fine, just came across as douchey.

If you are maintaining a blog being read by mostly younger sports fans on the internet, you need to be somewhat humorous and/or entertaining in your writing, otherwise, what exactly are you doing? Thats a pretty extensive and well-researched write-up coming from someone who otherwise would have no interest in our program except that we are playing one basketball game against each other in mid-November.

27 knows a thing or two about maintaining a successful blog and even he says that its a pretty good website. Its not a bad thing to get a reality check sometimes and see what peoples' honest gut reacion is to our program outside of this board.

Too bad the field isn't any better. I was there in 2008 and 2009, and we watched some good games. Especially 2008, when the field included Georgetown, Gonzaga, Michigan State, Maryland, Oklahoma State and Tennessee.

My youngest child and her friend enjoyed laughing at Gary Williams repeatedly blowing a gasket during the Gonzaga game. They couldn't stop when I pointed out that he was yelling at someone on the bench whenever someone on the court messed up.

If you are maintaining a blog being read by mostly younger sports fans on the internet, you need to be somewhat humorous and/or entertaining in your writing, otherwise, what exactly are you doing? Thats a pretty extensive and well-researched write-up coming from someone who otherwise would have no interest in our program except that we are playing one basketball game against each other in mid-November.

27 knows a thing or two about maintaining a successful blog and even he says that its a pretty good website. Its not a bad thing to get a reality check sometimes and see what peoples' honest gut reacion is to our program outside of this board.

Interestingly enough I asked what their perception of Wake is, so I'm eager to read that and see what they say.

Yeah, I guess that's fair. And it is an extremely in-depth team-by-team tournament preview. My distaste for the article was rooted in the pick-and-choose nature of the article (ex: no mention of number of NBA players in the last decade). I guess that comes with the territory though.

Interestingly enough I asked what their perception of Wake is, so I'm eager to read that and see what they say.

Yes, definitely. Will be interesting to compare the writing style for their blog compared to their answers to your questions.

BTW, 27 and the whole BSD staff, the Q&A with other teams is just outstanding. Keep up the great work, please!

Yes, definitely. Will be interesting to compare the writing style for their blog compared to their answers to your questions.

BTW, 27 and the whole BSD staff, the Q&A with other teams is just outstanding. Keep up the great work, please!

Will do. Always great to hear words of encouragement!

If anyone goes they have to be sure to start up a "gonorrhea" chant.

Archie will have fun answering that one when one of the players asks why are they doing that.

That was a good one. Dude was but a wee zit on the court.

It was terrible, but no more terrible than any other preview put up by opposing teams' bloggers.

It was terrible, but no more terrible than any other preview put up by opposing teams' bloggers.

There you go. Think about trying to do a write-up on Dayton basketball yourself.

They've been to the same number of final fours that we have. Also, Dan Patrick went there. That's all I've got.

Back