• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Old Spice

I'll be there with family on Thursday and probably by myself on Sunday. Look forward to meeting some other Deacon fans.

It's in the low-80s right now in Tampa. Highs in the upper 70s over the weekend.

Dayton is having problems with their transition defense. We may be able to run a bit.

They also live and die by the three, FWIW. This could be chucking contest.

Yeah...it's a really good website. Have a pretty extensive Q and A coming with him shortly (as soon as he gets the answers back). I'll link that here when I get it on BSD.

Good article by Dayton's blogger Blackburn Review (via bloggersodear)

http://www.blackburnreview.com/

Its actually a really good website.

I think he underestimates how good we were at times this past decade. Also... no mention of Josh Howard?

I think we are more prone to monumental collapses rather than flashes of greatness.

If anyone goes they have to be sure to start up a "gonorrhea" chant.

Archie will have fun answering that one when one of the players asks why are they doing that.

I think he underestimates how good we were at times this past decade. Also... no mention of Josh Howard?

I think we are more prone to monumental collapses rather than flashes of greatness.

True. Another footnote would be the 08-09 team that had final four potential but had a truly epic collapse that the program is still reeling from in a lot of ways. But if you think about our program from an outside perspective, the 90's were our heyday, eventhough we had talent we were never able to accomplish anything of note this past decade to really put us back on the map.

As to the game, he definitely overestimates our ability to rebound. They will outrebound us, no doubt. Just because we have a 7 footer doesnt mean we can rebound worth a lick.

Wake has a 3% chance to win according to KenPom!!!

The Old Spice Classic is another tourney that features a Big Ten team as the favorite. Minnesota actually has faced a decent early schedule against (104) Bucknell, (124) South Dakota State, and (94) Fairfield and they won all three by double-digits, though all were at home. Reasonable chances exist for sleeper runs by Indiana State and the aforementioned Stags.

Semis Final Champ
Minnesota 83.1 65.2 46.9
Dayton 71.3 43.3 19.5
Indiana St. 67.9 21.4 10.0
Fairfield 55.0 26.3 9.9
Arizona St. 45.0 19.4 6.5
Wake Forest 28.7 11.0 2.9
DePaul 16.9 7.4 2.6
Texas Tech 32.1 6.0 1.8

Dayton fans' pessimism comes from their inability to shoot away from home. Also, they have yet to show a zone defense this year. We shall see if they have installed that tomorrow. We are a team you definitely at least want to test the zone against.

I do think we have a better than 3% chance of winning this thing.

Yeah it reads as really douchey and uninformed.

It's actually pretty in-depth as far as most previews go. I think the whole attitude bit is just their thing. They've been great in the e-mails I've exchanged with them.

Back