• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OMG HURRRICANE!!!!!!!111!!!!1

Parents are headed down to Emerald Isle now to prep our little place. They're also supposed to fly to the west coast to visit me on Friday so... Yeah.

Woof, not good. I fly to FL in the morning then back to GSO Thursday night. Wedding rehearsal Friday and wedding Saturday in High Point. What’s the chances that flight from FTL to GSO gets cancelled and I have to drive back?

Flights into GSO Thursday evening would be dicey I'd assume. Hopefully (for the sake of rainfall totals) the storm picks up a little pace from the <10 mph it's been running the past few days.

North Carolina only has like 100,000 Puerto Rican’s so you should be good.

I’m near the coast, about dead center of the projected path, and I’m scheduled to buy a house on Wednesday and move in Thursday. Great timing!

Can you close on a house during a state of emergency? I know you can't buy a car, as they won't write the insurance. I assume it may be the same for a house?

Can you close on a house during a state of emergency? I know you can't buy a car, as they won't write the insurance. I assume it may be the same for a house?

I got the HO policy locked in before it was too late. Now whether logistically we can close is another story. Seller is giving us access to move our shit in tomorrow, so hopefully everything will work out ok, even if the closing gets delayed. Right now all my stuff is in storage, as I sold my prior house last week. I'm much more comfortable with all my belongings in a house as opposed to a storage unit in the midst of a hurricane.

Honest question, why would you not try and delay closing until after the storm? Like, what if the house gets leveled...

Haven’t brushed up on my real estate laws lately but don’t you have the option for a 14 day extension on closing? Or am I making that up?

Friend just posted a pic on facebook of completely empty grocery store shelves in Chapel Hill. Apparently there's no bottled water to be had in the Triangle right now.

41450064_10156329379216357_1189136011716722688_o.jpg

Last edited:
I was surprised to read that if this hurricane makes landfall on NC as a category 4 that it will be the strongest storm in recorded history to make landfall north of South Carolina.

Potential for 30+ inches of rain in Winston-Salem and much of triad, per Euro model. Minimum of 12 inches. Like Texas and Harvey.

Let's just say that this storm is the reason I invested in lake property and not a beach place.

For the last few months my parents had been looking at vacation properties. Looking at Emerald Isle and OBX, and also Lake Anna, and a couple other options. They decided on a Lake Anna house and are closing September 21. I just texted them today basically saying the same thing...aren't you glad you decided on lake over beach?

Back